So it's fair to say that if I succeed in the NaBloPoMo challenge, it will have been from following the letter rather than the spirit of the law. Right now I am sneezing over the screen of my iPhone whilst queueing for access to the computer, behind my 5-year-old nephew who is currently engaged in a game, described by him, when I asked, as "dat one." Tuesday is the last day of NaBloPoMo and I am intrigued as to whether you've enjoyed this at all. When it comes to blogs, how do you weigh up the relative importance of quantity and quality? What I fear is that by increasing the quantity I don't actually bring the quality up much at all, and in fact may diminish it. Perhaps I should bear this in mind when working on the novel as well.
Only tangentially relevantly, but while I'm here: it is so annoying, in this cold snap, that it's impossible to use an iPhone with gloves on. That's what you get when you let Californians take over product design. Pffffft. *tries to rub life back into scaly blue fingers*.
Ex-MOH who used to complain about expensive wedding trips and parties gets
engaged and changes her personality completely: ‘Now she is getting married
and is asking for crazy amounts of time and money’
-
You never know when Bridezilla might appear
I wasn't familiar with this concept until a few months ago. I don't know
why I ended up reading about it, and n...
1 hour ago

7 comments:
http://www.zath.co.uk/touchscreen-gloves-use-your-iphone-android-windows-phone-out-in-the-cold/
You can get gloves that work with iphones :-)
Oh and just to be clear I do not work for, have a relationship with, represent in any way anything to do with touchscreen gloves.
I like your blog as a Strictly fan - and I've got tickets in 2 weeks for the studio.
And I like GBB.
I've enjoyed it! It's nice knowing there'll be something to read every day. I actually think that with most blogs, quantity is more important than quality, to a point. I'd rather read five posts and find one good one, than only have one post to read. But perhaps that's because I read blogs as a distraction, and hence any distraction is a good one? I don't know.
Personally, when I did it last year, I felt the same way as you did by the end of it:
http://spankcracker.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html
But looking back, I don't think it was so bad. Some of the content makes me laugh, and all of it reminds me of a month that otherwise would've passed without a record. This year, I've found it much easier (perhaps because I planned for it and had 'emergency' posts saved for days when I really had no time or inclination).
I do hope you feel better soon though - being ill can't have helped. And those iPhone gloves are totally genius!
Tricky question, Marie, to which the only answer is a passive-aggressive 'well, it's your blog - you decide'.
I love your blog. I started reading it for the Strictly reviews and stayed for the entertainment value of your other posts. But I don't get a chance to check it every day because life gets in the way of my preferred idle mode. Ain't that always the way?
How about Twitter for quantity: blog for quality?
There is never a lack of things to read on the internet, rather there is a lack of DECENT things to read on the internet. Therefore, I would vote for quantity above quality.
Which isn't to imply that your posts haven't been quality, but of course...
Greg
Ahh, shoot. My attempt at an eloquently worded reply goes to pot as I mix up my answer.
I meant to say quality over quantity...
Quantity please, it's always quality.
CB
Post a Comment