Friday, 12 November 2010

Portsmouth Litfest

Tonight the Book Swap visits Portsmouth! Our guests are Mick Jackson, a Book Swap alumnus (in Alfreston, so I wasn't there) whose new novel The Widow's Tale I'm enjoying hugely - his previous, The Underground Man, was Booker-shortlisted, so may be even better; and Charlotte Moore, who's written a wonderful biography of her house Hancox and the people who lived in it (including some brilliantly inspiring era-defying independent-minded women), and who I met at a lunch party a few years ago and thus I can report is very nice and has impeccable table manners. That should help with the cake. Join us! We'll be at the Aspex Gallery at 7.30pm. Don't forget to bring a book to swap.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Hi Marie,

I spotted a poster for Portsmouth BookFest at St Pancras a couple of weeks ago, with your face on it. Cool! Shame they didn't add your name to the list of authors in attendance as well though. The buggers.

Karyn.

InvisibleWoman said...

The Underground Man is fabulous.