Saturday, 8 December 2007

Strictly Come Dancing Week 10

Last week we asked: what on earth was going on between Matt and Flavia? This week the answer would seem to be: terminal break-up scenario.

Poor Matt. He was miserable and a bit rubbish. Also, very very bad plan to dance difficult rhythmic choreography to a song that goes "I just can't control my feet": no Matt, really you can't. Leticia (easily favourite to go until tonight) and Darren's music choice was the equally apposite "To dream the impossible dream", though if the public doesn't save Matt from the dance-off, that dream may not seem quite so impossible. Of course, because of the stupid voting rules, the public have been voting since Sunday and only have til 9pm tonight to respond to the actual dances, so Matt's utter screw-up may have less impact than anticipated.

But on to happier matters, like Tess appearing dressed as an ornamental throw in a funeral parlour, Gethin's continued mastery of the Latin (love that jive), Leticia resuming her facedancing - expression of the week: got to finish this gobstopper before the headmaster sees me - and Alesha just being fabulous. Alesha has been the blog mascot from the start, and quite right too: she is the best and she MUST WIN. Yes, I know she hasn't had a "journey" but it's not fair to penalise her for being talented. Plus she is lovely and Matthew is so adorable and camp I am a bit in love with him in a platonic, can you be my gay best friend (even if you are not gay, though I doubt it) sort of way. Sigh.

Video fix from here.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Matthew isn't gay. he's married to Nicole Cutler, John Barnes' erstwhile partner. Honestly Marie, I though you'd be aware of such important things.

Marie said...

They divorced in 2003. Don't mess with the master!

Marie said...

And further internet research reveals that he and Nicole remain best mates and non-competitive dance partners, and Matthew is indeed gay. It's all rather heart-warming.

Jill Steeples said...

Wasn't it heartbreaking to watch Matt crumple this evening? I don't think my nerves can stand watching him in the dance-off.
Alesha is far too fabulous to get my vote. Go Gethin, that's what I say!

Unknown said...

Internet research beats me! I was going to say it is fairly well known that Matt is gay, and that he and Nicole divorced and stopped dancing together because of it. They danced together again for the first time last year on Strictly, it was all very emotional. Bless them.

Poor Matt (the other one.) I'm very sad that he has fallen apart, though I would be pleased to see Letita go through for another week.

Karen said...

Ooh, I didn't know all that about Matthew being gay! Such a shame about Matt losing the plot - all that lip-licking, poor lad. He and Flavia are putting way too much pressure on each other. Love the line about Letitia's face-dancing! Kind of like her though.

lilalia said...

As of two weeks ago, I only call up Alesha and Matthew's dances on YouTube. Matt never quite did anything for me. He seems to have this passive aggressive pout that turns me off (doesn't let his lip pop out like any true pouter knows how to do). Alesha is just plain rocking beautiful and has charm and grace and is the princess we all wanted to be.

Laura said...

I am stunned that I didn't know something about telly. I'm going to go and hang my head in shame and beat myself over the head with a copy of the TV Times as pennance. Its the only thing for it.