Sunday, 16 December 2007

Strictly Come Dancing Semi Final Results

Goodbye Gethin! We will miss... well, mainly we will miss your bum. I'm tired tonight, and why mince words? You got dead good towards the end but mainly you were just so hot. We will never forget that salsa.

So it's an Alesha v Matt final! No prizes for guessing who I'm going to vote for. I mean, I like little rodent child Matt, but Alesha is a cross between Princess Jasmine, Ginger Rogers and Muttley the dog, and you can't say fairer than that, not on this blog anyway. Go Alesha! Go Alesha! Go Alesha!

Throughout the Exciting Build Up Week I am going to post some cool stuff I have thought of to get us all excited (I mean, in case we are not excited enough already) and then we will reconvene on Saturday for the Exciting Strictly Come Dancing Grand Final Right HERE!!!!

(Er, except I'm not watching from home. Ah. Scott, can I blog from your house, mate?)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am plan to make my own SCD golden paddles for the Saturday night final. Any thoughts on how best to make them? (Surprisingly, I do have a day job).

Anonymous said...

p.s. at least Gethin can now concentrate on his relationship with Welsh Songstress Katherine Jenkins. I, on the other hand, am beginning to get moderate withdrawal symptoms just at the thought This Will All Soon Be Over For Another Year. I think SCD should launch a helpline, like when Take That split up even though, frankly, I'm not completely sure I'm over that yet either.

Marie said...

Table tennis bat plus foil?

I too am getting panicky feelings when I think about the post-Strictly world. Torchwood is starting again in January, which, if it is anywhere near as bad as it was last series, should give me plenty to focus my vitriol on (read all about it here!) but I need something to lift my spirits.

Sigh.

Ballroom dancing classes?

Catherine said...

Missbabs... we're using table tennis bats and gold spray paint at my house ;)

Anonymous said...

Tennis table bats!!! Superb idea, thanks! Hopefully Woolies will have them, as may get a little expensive at Lillywhite's. (Not that it's not worth it, of course). I'm thinking + 72 point font numbers + gold spray + a dash of gold glitter = deluxe paddles. Too excited, not sure I'll sleep tonight.

Anonymous said...

The media centre is almost complete in the Pack Mansions front room. We will have live satellite links and full broadband access for our celebrity* visitor so that she can blog to her people throughout the evening should she so wish.


*(although not celebrity enough that she will be asked to appear on the next series)

Marie said...

SAYS YOU.

Marie said...

Oh, I mean, thanks.

Unknown said...

ah, matt in the final, having quite the ambiguous feeling about it...

i have loved matt through all of the beginning of the series, culminating in his fabulous salsa (on which gethin's has nothing, sorry fans), but i think len may have spoiled him for me with all of his '20' and 'so brave' crap.

i'm thinking the show must be just as nerve-wrecking for alesha as for all of the others, but unless i missed it (and those are some very slim odds, giving my being glued to the television set during all things strictly, much to the disgruntlement of my flatmates) she has never gotten credit for giving it her all...

Anonymous said...

Last night was the first time I didn't check the betting forums to see who had won. It was a sad night as none of them deserved to go. I genuinely think they all danced on a par and that the judges' comments were based on emotion.

Of course, it was only because Kelly dropped out (for perfectly understandable reasons) that any of these three had to go at all. There would normally be three in the final.

Gethin's only chance was to have been saved by the phone vote. Whoever he was up against would have got the nod.

What I do wonder is how the scoring works in reality. With only three couples left and scores of 3, 2 and 1 allocated based on judges it surely made it highly likely that all three couples would be on equal points. What would have happened then? Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I'm still worrying about my golden paddles. I am watching with 3 other SCD devotees and therefore I need at least a 5,6,7,8,9 and a 10 (minimum), and, if anyone wants to pretend to be Bruno, I need an "I loved eet, Eleeeeven!!!" If I put numbers on each side of each golden paddle, I'll still need 3 paddles per person x 4 = 12. Where am I going to get 12 table tennis bats from? And how many cans of gold paint do I need? And why didn't we do this kind of calculation in Maths 'O' level? (Since This Is What Really Matters).

Anonymous said...

I can't quite believe you didn't mention Tess's dresses this weekend. They were surely... worthy of comment.

Marie said...

Ah yes, the dress in which it appeared that some (k)nights in brown satin came and threw up down the front. I missed the results show, sadly (circumstances beyond my control) so her second choice of garb remains a mystery to me. For the best, it sounds like.

Anonymous said...

being a man, it is probably unwise to venture within the world of describing dresses to woman, but the result show dress reminded of an overachieving toddler wanting to make a jack-o-lantern out of an eggplant (and got at least the scary bit right)