Monday, 17 December 2007

Strictly Come Dancing: Best Dance Poll

So next week we will find out the winner of the Strictly Come Dancing final... but which was the best dance? Over to you! I have embedded all the choices so that even if you weren't watching you can play along. I'm nice like that.

I have assembled this shortlist from the incredibly scientific method of "the ones I remembered" with the following caveats: I chose all different kinds of dances for reasons I am not clear about, I make no apology for the fact that it's almost entirely Latin, and with Kate and Anton's dance you have to sit through all the training video as well, because *inexplicably* there were not a huge number of uploaded versions to pick from on Youtube.

So, your choices are:

Gethin and Camilla's Salsa



Alesha and Matthew's Cha Cha Cha



Matt & Flavia's Jive



Kelly & Brendan's American Smooth



Kate & Anton's Samba (for pure entertainment value)



Group Dance: Dirty Dancing



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice embedding.

It is tough to choose between Alesha's Cha Cha Cha and Gethin's moment of glory.

As for 3 Lifts Brendan? Ruled out on a technicality.

Anonymous said...

Alesha has lazy feet and a sickle. There, I said it. *Ducks behind sofa and waits for backlash to begin*. Matt's salsa and Alesha's waltz win hands down for me.

Marie said...

What's a sickle? I can't start backlashing until you tell me...

I excluded Matt's salsa on the grounds that his hips only go from side to side, not from front to back, and also because I just love his jive.

Anonymous said...

But mainly Matt's salsa. I was just trying to look bipartisan there.

Anonymous said...

Haha you're right about the back and forth side to side hip action I forgot about that. I stand corrected. Hopefully he will too.

Anonymous said...

A sickle (so-called because the ankle and foot makes a sickle or scythe shape)is when dancer turns foot in, rather than out with an arched instep. Much frowned upon in ballet circles *adjusts leotard and pats chignon*.

Marie said...

How very dare you! She's a sportsman, she's only twenty years old, she's the oldest in the competition, she's the youngest in the competition, she's come back after a very difficult week, she's injured, she's got a stomach bug, she's not a professional dancer!

Anonymous said...

blimey this takes me back
'good toes, naughty toes ...'

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've been sewing sequins on all night... which prompts the big question: What are YOU wearing for FINAL night?

Alun said...

I want to put in a word for Gaby's jive: great energy, such a shame she got booted off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnynZAq_bUc

Marie said...

That's between me and my stylist...

Anonymous said...

Gok is coming over to my place to help me get ready. Probably. Not. But I wish.