So Kelly Brook has decided to leave Strictly Come Dancing following the death of her father from cancer.It's pretty hard to be witty and entertaining about this kind of thing. At times like this you realise that the whole edifice on which celebrity culture is built - essentially, forming instant and passionate like or dislikes for people that you know next to nothing about, based on factors such as whether they keep their mouth open the whole time when people are talking to them - is a pretty fragile one. It's impossible to wish this kind of thing on anybody. Also, I am going to miss her loads on Strictly, because I adored the terrible dichotomy that she raised in me, i.e. it being obvious that she was one of the best dancers, but (OK, OK) not wanting her to win because I found her irritating. Sigh. I'm sure she is actually really nice, poor thing.
Having said that, I reckon it is still pretty safe to hate Brendan.

No comments:
Post a Comment