Employee gets laid off due to extreme body odor: ‘I genuinely felt bad for
him. He had only just started the job and hadn’t really had the chance to
show what he could contribute. You could tell he felt embarrassed and
ashamed’
-
To pass the smell test
I felt really identified with this story because I've had to deal with this
issue multiple times in my life. I don't mean with my bo...
2 hours ago

2 comments:
Don't they just! I'm never sure how to react to them: pure joy at just how corny they are, or pure toe-curling horror at just how creepy they are.
I hate that I've become so cynical, but I think that the 'trotting out of personal tragedy' has become so commonplace on X-Factor as to have rendered the actual details almost a side issue, really - there was a joke in Viz recently where someone wrote in saying they wanted to enter, but weren't sure if they should talk about a dead relative, or just turn up in a wheelchair, and y'know, it's not that far from the truth...
I also note that she wasn't so tearful that she was unable to pull a pleading smile and make a 'please phone and vote for us gesture', which undermined it horribly for me.
...Good god, what have I become? With this cynicism, there's probably a place on the production crew for me, and that really does bring a tear to my eye.
J
Post a Comment