The BBC has described its mistake in messing up the Strictly voting as "unforgivable". For crying out loud. If someone from the BBC were to come round, break into my house and piss on my curtains, all funded by the unique way that the BBC is paid for by you, the license fee payer, that would be unforgivable. If the show was called Strictly Come Dying, with a celebrity couple being shot each week by firing squad in an order determined by a combination of judge's voting and phone votes, and they shot the wrong person because they counted the phone votes wrong, so Matthew Cutler got six bullets to the brain leaving Brendan Cole unscathed when the public had demanded the exact opposite, *that* would be unforgivable. Taking slightly too long to realise that 3 + 1 = 4 just as much as 1 + 3 = 4, thus cheating the public out of 15p from a BT landline, up to 75p from mobile phone providers, and then freezing the votes, and rolling the votes over, and having an eviction halfway through the final which will take into account those votes, and offering a refund to those who are still unhappy?
BBC, I FORGIVE YOU.
Now please, let this lie.
Ex-MOH who used to complain about expensive wedding trips and parties gets
engaged and changes her personality completely: ‘Now she is getting married
and is asking for crazy amounts of time and money’
-
You never know when Bridezilla might appear
I wasn't familiar with this concept until a few months ago. I don't know
why I ended up reading about it, and n...
1 hour ago

10 comments:
I still haven't quite worked out what happened, but then I was never very good at maths.
The Beeb do seem to go in for self flagellation alot (wonder if rather then being run by a bunch of pink lefties, they're actually albino monks from Opus Dei). The most hilarious one I thought was poor old Konnie Huq having to apologise for having faked a phone vote. I have always told my kids phone voting is a scam, so actually thanks to Blue Peter they learnt that their mother is always right.
How petty are people that they feel the need to claim back the pennies they spent on Saturday night? No don't answer that!!
Just read your book. Very well written. Its as if the story is based on actual events. Hope they make a movie out of it.
Looking forward to your next release.
- a fan from Malaysia -
Thank you! Malaysia, how cool. I love it that my book is reaching places that I've never been myself. No movie planned but a TV series is in development, I will of course post details on my blog when there are any details to post.
Jane, I love the idea of the BBC being run by albino monks from Opus Dei...
I can't leave it alone because I need to know how the BBC filled the time they would have used for build up to dance off, dance off and crying post dance off.
There was no spare time was there ? Funny that. It's a conspiracy and I think you are in on it !
Anna May
www.annamaymangan.co.uk
In fact the show ended ten minutes early and they had to fill the time with trailers...
but Prince Phillip did away with Diana, yes ?
Good point, Anna May: I wonder what Mohammed Al Fayed would think of this latest BBC conspiracy (and why has nobody asked him yet?)
I find it baffling that the BBC couldn't work out that the judges just might give two couples an equal total, particularly given the judges' scoring patterns in the weeks up to the semi-final. If they had, they've have realised that all they had to do was award the top two places 2 points and the bottom 1. Then public voters could have "saved their favourite from the dance off" as Tess keeps urging viewers.
As it was, adding together the public and judges' scores, Tom and Camilla could only score a maximum of 4. Lisa and Rachel, however, could have got the same number of votes (unlikely) or scored 5 or 6. Therefore the public could not save Tom from the dance off.
I think the decision that all three couples go through was right. However, I think the BBC should offer refunds and discount the votes. Some voters worked out that they couldn't save Tom so voted tactically to give Tom the best chance in the dance off therefore didn't vote for their favourite couple. It also means that the couples are not going into the final on an equal footing, but the audience don't know who has the advantage.
Emmalee, the plan is to announce the public's voting order before the final starts and add the points on, and then after the first set of dances add the judge's points to that and then points from the second round of public voting (er, are you all still with me?) And then there will be an elimination, and the second half of the final will be between two dancers, who will start over at zero, votes-wise.
"Strictly Come Dying". Brilliant. Let's see, Charlie Brooker as head judge, first contestants to include Ronan Keating, Fearne Cotton and Jim Davidson, Claudia Winkleman (natch) to host Strictly Come Dying: It Takes One (Bullet). Might be a bit tricky to have the Monday interview with the voted out couple though. Is Derek Acorah available?
I'll be sending the pitch off to the Beeb in the morning. You'll get an exec producer credit, Marie, of course.
Post a Comment