I can't wait to see Hamlet tonight! I love
David Tennant Edward Bennett! He is so
sexy mysterious! And there's nothing I love more than seeing an actor about whom
I have a fully formed fantasy life in which we are married but he is away on location all the time I know absolutely nothing aside from that he can flamenco dance and play the clarinet! I can't wait to
show off to all those losers who couldn't get a ticket because they didn't have a friend who was a member of the RSC be fully focused on the glories of Shakespeare's language! And isn't it exciting that I will
be within grabbing distance of David Tennant without a restraining order be able to see the guy who usually plays Guildenstern playing Laertes! I am totally
taking a condom in my handbag just in case interested in theatre for the sake of theatre!
No! Yes! Yes! Yes!
13 comments:
*Wipes eyes and tries to catch breath* Oh, Marie. I love you. Looking forward to reading both your blogs and Jane's. Tell me all about Penny Downie, okay?
Did you see the Channel 4 News interview with Edward Bennett a few days ago? He's purty.
Hahaha, this properly made me laugh out loud as well. Extra mulled wine for you!
Definitely a screen splutter moment!
Brilliant!
Sounds like he's losing his voice, bagelmouse, which means that if I'm *really* lucky, I might get to see Guildernstern as Hamlet. And they all rolled over and one fell out...
Oh, FFS. Wonder if the RSC has considered turning the production into a classical farce, trousers falling down and embarrassed vicars?
how about Twelfth Night instead?
Pedro
Dude, if he loses his voice and sounds like the lisping German lawyer you haf mithed nuzink. Nuzink at all.
This is an epic though.
Brilliant post! I was able to see Hamlet twice in Stratford (truly amazing!!!) and actually had just considered buying some tix I found on eBay for the 30th. Fortunately reason returned to me before I maxed out my card on plane tix. So glad it did since David had to step down just a few days later. This is exactly how I would have been feeling had I gone through with it! I am so sorry you didn't get to see David. I hope you get another chance!
Don't worry Helen - in the end, I wasn't disappointed at all.
I've never said this in public before but: LOL! And I mean it.
Magnificent!
Post a Comment