Sunday, 2 November 2008

Strictlywatch 2008: Week 6 and 7

The briefest of reviews today because aside from everything else, I appear to have picked up a bug in Uganda so I am now addressing you between meals of dry crackers and plain boiled rice. It is really not my week.

Anyway, last week's Strictly was a little disappointing mainly because of the lack of capes in the Paso Doble, so I was delighted to see Tom rectify that this week, even if it did send Len into apoplexy. This week I enjoyed much more. Now that Mark's gone (in last night's traditional Saturday night Strictly dream, he was having an affair with Camilla, in case you're interested) there are very few really duff dancers left, and one of them is John, who doesn't count because he's so great to watch anyway. Some of the dancers I didn't warm to much at the beginning (eg Austin, and Lisa who did a terrific tango) are really growing on me, and previously guaranteed yawnfests such as Christina are turning out lovely dances. Cherie was weak this week, and I hope she picks up, because she is probably my favourite when she is on form. Ian and Jodie on the other hand were excellent, and very poorly marked for what I thought was a beautiful waltz.

This week I'd like to see Heather (forgettable) and Andrew (embarrassing) in the bottom two, with Andrew to go. I really hope he isn't saved by a sympathy vote for his knee injury. His knee certainly had nothing to do with those awful arm thrusty things.

Dances from week 7 here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree Andrew and Heather will dance again, and I think the judges will save Heather (I think her days are numbered though). Wish I could like Lisa more, she is dancing well.
Hope you feel better very soon, you have had quite a battering.

C.B

Jane Henry said...

I agree totally. Loved Jodie's waltz. And John made me laugh as ever. Seriously worried that Cherie is in danger though, she needs to get back in shape. And poor Heather - she always looks so much better in training.

Alun said...

Austin is growing on me too; he is consistently good, it is most impressive.

Tom's paso face was just ridiculous.

It's funny you should have had that dream about Camilla having an affair with someone. I have that dream a lot...only she's with a different co-respondent ('nuff said).

lilalia said...

It's about half way through, isn't it? Do you want to reevaluated your bets on the finalists and winners of this season?