A friend of mine just sent me this - the Cat Concerto - my favourite Tom and Jerry cartoon (of those I can remember, anyway) so I thought I'd share it with you.
Which in turn reminded me of that great episode of Black Books where Bernard "plays" the piano to impress a girl... I can't embed the clip but you can watch it here.
Employee gets laid off due to extreme body odor: ‘I genuinely felt bad for
him. He had only just started the job and hadn’t really had the chance to
show what he could contribute. You could tell he felt embarrassed and
ashamed’
-
To pass the smell test
I felt really identified with this story because I've had to deal with this
issue multiple times in my life. I don't mean with my bo...
2 hours ago

7 comments:
Thank you Marie! Two gems.
Who is the actress playing the girl Bernard wants to impress? She looks familiar but I can't place her.
I love the Cat Concerto (also I love Who Killed the Wabbit? in Bugs Bunny). Missed that episode of Black Books - hilarious!
Oh! Last night I decided to break out my Black Books DVDs and I picked this episode to watch. It's like one mind, I tell you :-)
Alun - she's Nina Conti, you might have seen her doing her absolutely filthy ventriloquism act with a stuffed monkey. Only someone who looks so sweet could get away with it!
Jane: Do you mean What's Opera, Doc? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lKUOhvdlug
Another fav of mine is Duck Amuck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewVrlNl3MyA
Yes that's the one - but the bit I like best is when Elmer Fudd does the Siegfried/Brunhilde scene and sings (rather touchingly I always think), I killed the wabbit, I killed the wabbit.... sublime genius!
I prefer "The Rabbit of Seville", myself.
What disturbs me about Nina Conti's monkey act is that the monkey sounds exactly like her dad, Tom Conti...
Ha, brilliant Persephone, not sure if I'd seen that before. What a great thread you've started Marie. Any other gems out there?
Post a Comment