According to GenderAnalyzer, found by way of Oye Billy, there is a 76% likelihood that The Woman Who Talked Too Much is written by a man. It does slightly make you wonder which tools they are using to perform the analysis. According to the site, it uses "artificial intelligence", which is not quite the same as real intelligence, which might have focused on (a) the name of the blog, (b) the content, or (c) the tendency to post pictures of David Tennant looking sultry.
I am a boy. The reason my new novel hasn't come out yet is that I am too busy having slow, painful electrolysis of my entire body, hair by sizzling hair.
'What can you figure out about a guest just from the way they check in?':
Front desk employees and hotel workers discuss different character traits
about guests that tell them how their stay will be
-
Imperceptible traits can teach you more than you think!
Some people can tell you everything about themselves by just their
appearance, the way they walk, ...
10 hours ago

11 comments:
My results?
We guess http://postitnotesfromhades.blogspot.com/ is written by a woman (54%), however it's quite gender neutral.
So I guess the references to my husband are not a giveaway? Not to mention posts on pedicures, musical theatre, the aforesaid David Tennant.... Wait. Come to think of it, I'm sounding more and more like a gay guy. Just wait until I post about the Singalong Sound of Music next week!
Maybe you need to obliterate all references to Rufus Wainwright.
79%
Note to self: I'm obviously not making my devotion to certain actors - and my reasoning behind that devotion - quite clear enough.
Short of posting "I would like vaginal sex with David Tennant, and to be clear, I will be the one with the vagina" I'd say there is very little we can do.
Was that one of those comments I've posted late at night and I will live to regret?
Not at all! In fact, I think you should incorporate the statement into your blog summary....
lol! Apparently despite various references to David Tennant...AND, having my site called Rachel.Ellice.Photography they are 92% sure that it was written by a man. ("We have strong indicators that http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelellicephotography/ is written by a man (92%).")
...maybe all the pictures threw them off...(oddly enough, pictures NOT of David Tennant. Just so I don't sound like too much of a stalker.)
Whereas, if the boffins are to be believed, Mary Sue in London was written by a real girl.
and Petite Anglaise is 60% likely to be written by a man, while little.red.boat is 54% (only) likely to be written by a woman.
I also tried "a male platonic friend" and he was 51% male (hurray).
Your recent comment appears to have helped because now you are "only" 75% likely to be male.
I think more work is needed on that project.
We guess http://maniacmum.blogspot.com is written by a man (55%), however it's quite gender neutral.
Hmm. And there's me writing endlessly about children and school runs. And David Tennant of course...
We guess http://strictlycomedancingnot.blogspot.com is written by a man (50%), however it's quite gender neutral.
So the other one about dancing doesn't show female tendencies either????
So I'm 50:50 on on and 55:45 on the other. I quite like being gender neutral (but then one of my favourite books ever written is Orlando, and one of my favourite ever songs is Lola. So maybe I'm learning something I didn't know about myself????)
Maybe it's really really smart and is aware of David Tennant's considerable gay following?
Apparently though, feedback has told it it's this accurate:
"Did GenderAnalyzer give the correct result for your blog?"
Yes 54 % 5280
No 46 % 4416
So that would be very slightly better than chance, then. Result!?
"We guess http://www.the-word-is-not-enough.com/blog/rob is written by a man (58%), however it's quite gender neutral."
More Joanna Page and Ali Larter pictures required, apparently, although I suspect it doesn't take pictures into account. Will probably not incorporate the equivalent of Marie's new mission statement into my own blog though.
Post a Comment