Tuesday, 4 November 2008

It's Election Night!

Last time I was this excited about an election was when Tony Blair got in in 1997! Yay! Tony Blair! Remember how great he was and how we totally still love him and get all excited about him now?

Oh.

Anyway, go Obama.

5 comments:

Alice said...

Are you staying up? I might stay up. I have vodka and coke and I need to write 1667 words. It's all very exciting in America but it only serves to remind me how rubbish are government is now and how much more rubbish the next election will be.

Marie said...

I was at an election night party but am shuddering with fatigue so going to bed now. Cautious whoops at 3.14 am.

mattcollinssongs said...

America thinks electing a black president is progressive? The UK elected a woman PM back in the 70s. She was great!

Eh?

Oh.

BabaMzungu said...

Tony who?

Jane Henry said...

Ah, well call me an old cynic, but... I never liked Tone's and Cherie's identical Cheshire Cat grins, though I do remember being pleased they won. So, I sort of feel the same today. Think it's a great historic occasion etc etc, and symptomatic of what is RIGHT occasionally about America - you can live the dream - but remain to be convinced Obama's the new Messiah. Would be very happy if for once my natural cynicism proves unfounded!