Monday, 10 November 2008

Fun Night In


Total purchases of the man in front of me in the queue at the supermarket today:

- Champagne
- Condoms
- Baby oil

13 comments:

BaronessBlack said...

Do you think he knows that baby oil corrodes condoms?

Anonymous said...

He will in nine months time :D

Persephone said...

Supermarket champagne? How much? Enough for two, or do you think he was expecting company at all? (Some men are very fastidious, so condoms don't always mean a partner...)

Marie said...

I actually nearly pointed that out to him, Baronness, but my Englishness prevented me from doing so.

Rob Buckley said...

Erm, and I can't really believe I'm pointing this out, but you're all kind of assuming that the baby oil is for her pleasure, if you know what I mean. We are talking about supermarket champagne man, after all.

I'll fetch my coat.

Anonymous said...

Greatest shopping haul ever.

Marie said...

I don't follow you MediumRob. Only one person here has made any assumption that a woman is going to be present at all. Nope, you're gonna have to spell it out for me.

Waffle said...

Eeeh. Was he in the self scan bit? "unattended item in the bagging area"?

Rob Buckley said...

Well, I would do but I'm now more intrigued as to what you're imagining a man might do with condoms, baby oil and champagne all by himself, Marie. Something strange or would you have been the greatest 'The Great Egg Race' competitor ever?

Marie said...

All I'm saying is that I couldn't possibly comment on the gender of the other participant, and I still want to know what you think he's going to do with the baby oil that won't bring it into any contact with the condom. Maybe he's going to oil his baby before the night of champagne and condoms begins. We can't make assumptions.

Rob Buckley said...

"I couldn't possibly comment on the gender of the other participant"

What kind of condoms were they? That would be a big clue. My suspicion is that there would be more things on the shopping list if he were going off to be with a man though.

"I still want to know what you think he's going to do with the baby oil that won't bring it into any contact with the condom"

My Sherlockian skills suggest he's not one-night standing on this one but is in at least some kind of relationship. Given the shopping list, that would suggest maybe two activities, one of which wouldn't require condoms but would require baby oil and the other vice versa.

Actually, I"m not sure Sherlockian is the right word.

Marie said...

My reading of Sherlock Holmes never strayed into this territory.

OK, well my last word on the debate is that no matter what he does with the baby oil, I hope he washes his hands.

Anonymous said...

baby oil gives me a rash