Friday, 20 June 2008

The Living Dead Writes...

A good night in Luton. Big, friendly, interested crowd, mostly from bookgroups who had read my book, so lots to talk about. And of mixed ages...

Right now I am doing my taxes. It's kind of like being dead, but more boring, and not lying down.

2 comments:

Waffle said...

Definitely worse than death. But you could lie down, theoretically. And consuming gin is positively encouraged.
This year, I gave my tax return away to a freakishly small footed man called Jean-Luc. I don't imagine for a minute he is going to do them legally, but I just can't bring myself to care.

Anonymous said...

At you Luton talk, you said you'd been told that books with "...ing" in the title didn't generally do well. I could only think (facetiously) on the night of books with "ring(s)" in the title. However, set my school librarian friend on it and she came up with Janet Street Porter's latest - see Amazon. Then I thought, why not search Amazon and there are a few though I don't know if they're best sellers. The best is "Waging Spiritual Warfare" by Richard Ing! Spooky or what?