Thursday, 5 June 2008

Sunny Day

Advantages: can write in garden, wearing large straw hat left over from Cowboys and Indians party held by the DC Diarist. It has a label inside which says "This is a fancy dress accessory for adults. It is not a toy."

Disadvantages: constant smell of bacon from the cafe across the way. Bacon. Delicious bacon. If half new novel ends up being about bacon, you know why.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Joaquim and I had bacon for lunch. Delicious. How far Pemba has come over the last 7 years...

SAF said...

Aagh! That's just too cruel. Ever since I converted to vegetarianism, I've allowed myself one bacon sandwich per year. Generally around Christmas. Now I have to quit visiting your blog until the picture's been bumped down the page! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm just reading 'Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore. A lot of it as about bacon. This might be a coincidence.

Persephone said...

In tribute to this entry, I have just consumed a BLT sandwich in your honour. No, no, don't thank me...

Stu-n, that book sounds nifty. I've put a hold on it at the library. My elder daughter loves Christopher Moore.

Anonymous said...

If anyone else wants a large straw Cowboy hat like Marie's, just let me know - we still have at least 15 of them left by party attendees...

Marie said...

I highly recommend the hat. Not only is it very sexy, you can spend all day knowing you are wearing a novelty item (though NOT, to be clear, a toy.)

Rebecca said...

Yes, yes, please get one for me, little sis, for collection in the summer!