Friday, 6 June 2008

Home and Away Chefs

I know nobody else watches it because you are all at work, but I can't keep this to myself any longer. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEMONIC CHEFS THAT TOP AND TAIL HOME AND AWAY ON UK TV AT THE MOMENT????? I refuse to name the product they are advertising in case it is any encouragement to the company that produces the adverts, or to Channel Five for screening them. They are worse than evil. If I even catch one second of their ads I want to smash my television. And Alan Dale is surely not so desperate for cash that he had to take the voiceover gig. He is in EVERYTHING.

PLEASE, MAKE THE MADNESS STOP.

On the other hand, I did enjoy the whole Martha / Jack / Sam storyline, so Home and Away is not entirely in my bad books at the moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of which, what on earth is an executive chef? I've been wondering ever since BB launch last night.

Persephone said...

Not living in Britain, I have not seen these objects of your horror, but are those commercials anywhere near as bad as what we are subjected to in Canada, courtesy of Kim Woodburn? The first time I saw these things, I thought I was hallucinating, which was my reaction to the "coffee achiever" commercials of some years ago. Love the pseudo-ecological approach, especially as the focus of most of this adverts is on perfuming the house in various toxic ways. I don't think it's the home that's simple here...

CFletch said...

They are an abomination. I never would have believed anything could be worse than the spectacularly crap weetabix ads... I was wrong.