Just a reminder that I'll be giving talks at Port Neath Library, Port Talbot, at 6.30 tomorrow, and Wigmore Library, Luton, at 7pm on Thursday. I'll be doing both half deaf and with earache, so if you come along and I seem befuddled, that'll be why. Said ear problem is making me slightly grumpy, so if I get the usual coterie of religious extremists lecturing me on the true meaning of Christianity / Judaism / other, they will be getting an earful, pun intended, from me. (Never write a book with God in the title.) It might be worth turning up just for that. But the rest of you lovely people will get a warm welcome, even if I get your name wrong / misunderstand your question / have to wear an ear trumpet throughout.
Employee gets laid off due to extreme body odor: ‘I genuinely felt bad for
him. He had only just started the job and hadn’t really had the chance to
show what he could contribute. You could tell he felt embarrassed and
ashamed’
-
To pass the smell test
I felt really identified with this story because I've had to deal with this
issue multiple times in my life. I don't mean with my bo...
2 hours ago

7 comments:
Perhaps you could disguise it behind or even within a SITC-style rosette?
Just remember to pronounce it as one word – Portalbot, rather than "Port Talbot". They get miffed about that.
Good luck and send my love to Wales!
I once went for a day trip to Port Talbot. (sorry Rob, I can't remember it being anything other then a big disappointment. My Barry Island day trip was a lot better).
Hope earache improves and a pox on any god botherers!
P'talbot (pah-Talbot), or at least that's how my inlaws in Porthcawl pronounce it. Probably varies from valley to valley, as you get closer... ;)
Bro
I live 10 minutes from the library in Taibach where you'll be reading.
Work has decided to change my shifts and i might not be able to make it now :( I shall try though.
Good Luck on it though if i dont make it.
Hope to see you there Kymz, make sure you say hello if you do manage to come. Curse work!
You should give a reading here in Salem, MA (USA). Forget Boston and NY, so overrated. Here in Salem, you can add Pagans/Wiccans/Witches into the mix. Hilarity would no doubt ensue.
Post a Comment