Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Kdyz Bohove Delaji Prusery

Or, Gods Behaving Badly in Czech! My copies just arrived, much to my surprise, seeing as I was told it wouldn't be coming out until Summer 2009. If you have a magnifying glass handy you might just about be able to see that I am credited as "Marie Phillipsova", which is my favourite thing about the book. My second favourite thing about it is sentences in the blurb like "Apollon se chce uchytit v televizni reality show a krasna Afrodita, bohyne lasky?" And my third favourite thing about it is that it names this very blog in my biog. Welcome, Czech readers.

Scratch all that - my favourite thing about this book is that it exists. Hurrah for Kdyz Bohove Delaji Prusery!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think it looks great, Ms Phillipsova.

felisia said...

hi, i just saw it yesterday in the bookshop - good news for you: it is also being sold in Slovakia, since the languages are very similar and we Slovaks can understand the Czech translation :-)
didn't buy it, but google brought me here, so i might... :-))

Marie said...

Hurrah! World domination!