Monday, 29 October 2007

Strictly Come Dancing Week 4 continued


So, I have finally seen it. Barely even noticed Tess's aluminium foil belt in my rush to find out what happened to Gabby and Penny. And you will be glad to hear that I have A Theory. I blame it all on the new dance-off system. Essentially, everybody knows now that if one of the dancers the judges don't like - notably, Kate, but there are others - gets into the bottom two, they will be out instantly. So if there is even a hint of judges' dislike, the voting goes insane. Meanwhile, some people will always vote for the really popular dancers (Matt, Alesha - both will be hard to beat.) It's those that are perceived to be favourites with the judges but not particularly well-liked that will go to the dogs now - so step forward, Penny and Gabby, both of whom danced well by my reckoning. This week's shock result may change things, at least it will be interesting finding out.

With all the excitement, I barely have a moment to mention my other thoughts, such as: why did they dress Letitia Dean - who looks lovely and natural in rehearsal - as the bride of Frankenstein? And congratulations to Ola for finally realising that Kenny can't dance, so giving him something entertaining to do will really help (I knew the moment he lifted his arms at the beginning that he was staying in). And that Kate's dance was the WORST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. If I could vote to eliminate, she would go. Go. GO!!

Lastly, a plea not to ever give the in-house orchestra ABBA to sing ever again. I'm not sure why but they just can't do it. That rendition of 'Dancing Queen'... [shudders].

As ever, videos here.

4 comments:

Alun said...

Don't rule out the Lilia factor. She has a record of getting the best out of unpromising partners. Dominic is already showing signs of improvement.

Unknown said...

I thought it was an absolute travesty. Dominic, Kenny and Kate were all abysmal and should have been in the dance-off ahead of Penny and Gabby. I presume Kate is benefitting from the GMTV vote, but am at a loss to know who's voting for the other two - I'm sure they can't have much of a core fanbase!

Karen Cinnamon said...

I loe your Strictly Reviews... keep em coming!

K xx

Alex Johnson said...

What should happen is that the public only get to vote on the bottom two - that way, somebody rubbish goes out every week rather than somebody good, but the public still feel like they are in control.