Employee gets laid off due to extreme body odor: ‘I genuinely felt bad for
him. He had only just started the job and hadn’t really had the chance to
show what he could contribute. You could tell he felt embarrassed and
ashamed’
-
To pass the smell test
I felt really identified with this story because I've had to deal with this
issue multiple times in my life. I don't mean with my bo...
2 hours ago

3 comments:
Marie,
Can't agree more re Lust, Caution. Was possibly a few seats away from you! How coincidental as had just done a blog for today's Guardian (http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/books/2007/10/blogging_writers.html), which I hope won't embarass you.
maxim
Hello, Maxim! Embarassed, not remotely. It's only really embarassing when people slag me off, and you were so very nice. But I do admit to freaking out slightly when I get mention Out In The World, like: oops, better write something decent now. Anyway, I'm going to a few more LFF screenings so if you see someone who might be me, say hello...
Hi Marie.Just dropped by to say that I read Maxim Jakubowski's Guardian blog and SO very much agree with his conclusion that you are "bursting popular culture balloons with rapier-like energy and sarcasm" (especially on this new blog)Brilliant description!
I sincerely hope you will continue in your witty onslaught (so to speak)for a long time to come.
Best wishes and good luck with your second book.
Post a Comment