Sunday, 28 October 2007

Strictly Come Dancing: Battle of the Blondes

Honestly, I leave the country for 48 hours and this is what you do? I haven't even seen it yet - have just flown home from my Grandmother's 90th birthday celebrations in France, am about to collapse into bed with a vile cold, and only know the result because it was on the radio in the taxi home. But having not seen the dances it seems inexplicable - and I am speaking as a Gaby-hater. I can only assume it's the revenge of thousands of disgruntled brunettes, sick of being considered less glamorous than their fair counterparts *for all of our lives*, and with speed-dial. Good work, ladies. Nevertheless: KENNY IS STILL IN. We *will* be discussing this further. For now... [staggers off to find the Vicks vap-o-rub].

4 comments:

Alun said...

Very distressing. It just shows you that certain TV ballots should be rigged (just kidding).

Matt's going to win now, isn't he?

Anna Lowman (annawaits) said...

Yeah. The people who were voting for contestants (or 'cast members') who can dance would have voted for Matt as a reward for his improvement, and the people who vote in reaction to the judges' comments will have voted for Kenny and Kate. Leaving poor old Penny and Gabby in the bottom two. Rubbish.

Anonymous said...

But surely if the public have spoken then we should accept their judgment?

Gabby was always schedule for an early exit as she was coming across as far too competitive and not terribly likeable.

Penny seems nice enough, and her Boots dance was terrific, but no one really knows who she is so she brings very little fanbase with her.

I think SCD is all about who makes the most improvement and who embraces the whole thing. Matt fits the bill.

I reckon it will be Matt and Kelly in the final with Gethin improving over the weeks and getting quite far.

LeeJayWhistlingIsNotAnnoyingMe said...

What I want to know is why the voting lines are open all week?

To my mind, each contestant's line should only open *after* they've actually danced. Or perhaps open them all up at the end of the programme for an hour.

"Fanbase" is the problem here. For example, GMTV viewers seem to be looking for a new number to phone.