Monday, 22 October 2007

iPod Moment: Donna Summer 'Last Dance'


What I mean by an iPod moment is when something so mighty comes on your shuffle that the whole world around you, and everything inside you that is bringing you down, is swept away in the glory of the music. No taking the piss, now. It is a concept devoid of irony.

So anyway, if you were in Angel tube station last night wondering who that girl in the green coat dancing in the ticket queue was, that was me. Donna Summer's 'Last Dance': just too damn irresistible.

2 comments:

Billy said...

I have had that happen to me before. Did you listen to it again straight afterwards?

Marie said...

Not this time, because the song is relatively long with at least one false ending and a key change, so once was enough for me. Usually I do though. I had to listen to "Keep the Customer Satisfied" twice on the bus yesterday, for example, just for the horns at the end.