I think that this has to be the best response I've ever seen to winning a prize. She's just *thrilled*, isn't she? Ahem... Now I love her all the more.
(Incidentally, I was out at dinner last night and I told someone there my suggestion that Doris Lessing, at 87, should spend all hre prize money on drugs. She retorted that taking drugs is very bad, a health risk and not even all that enjoyable, and that the correct response to winning £763000 at the age of 87 is so set up a charitable foundation. So, that told me. Now that you've seen the video of Doris, though, whose advice do you think she's most likely to take?)
Ex-MOH who used to complain about expensive wedding trips and parties gets
engaged and changes her personality completely: ‘Now she is getting married
and is asking for crazy amounts of time and money’
-
You never know when Bridezilla might appear
I wasn't familiar with this concept until a few months ago. I don't know
why I ended up reading about it, and n...
1 hour ago

5 comments:
She's a marvel isn't she.
Intriguing blog Marie.
yes I thought that was classic. And I think while your friend has a point about charity, there is enough money there for fun as well as good works. And given my solution I think I would need a fair amount of money for fun, as I suspect my chances of getting laid in my 80s aren't that promising unless there was some financial incentive...
I have a proposition for getting us laid in our nineties and beyond. Howbeit if we set up a sort of programme as a possible option to the Queen's telegram? Instead of a mass-produced message from the monarch on a milestone (or is it millstone?) birthday, we could send a young man to the honorée for "training", thus benefitting both older and (indirectly) younger generations of women. We could call it "The National Service".
Do you think Doris might react more enthusiastically toward that?
Well, it's hard to imagine her reacting *less* enthusiastically...
Oh the drugs by all means. I am 56 and I would do the same. Well I might go to Paris first.
Post a Comment