On Tuesday morning - the day after her 91st birthday - my wonderful grandmother died. My sister has written a lovely post about her over here which says everything that I could hope to say, aside from that I'd also add about her fixation with the British Royal Family, leading to a serious Hello magazine / Point de Vue addiction and a habit of naming her budgies after ill-fated royal couples (Charles and Diana, Andrew and Fergie.) She was a fabulous woman who seems to be laughing in all of my memories, and will be very sadly missed by my family.
Please excuse a bit of silence from me while I try to adjust after a difficult stretch in Uganda, as well as this time of grieving. It is all a bit much and I can't seem to find the creative energy to be writing about it. Back to normal as soon as I can.
Ex-MOH who used to complain about expensive wedding trips and parties gets
engaged and changes her personality completely: ‘Now she is getting married
and is asking for crazy amounts of time and money’
-
You never know when Bridezilla might appear
I wasn't familiar with this concept until a few months ago. I don't know
why I ended up reading about it, and n...
1 hour ago

16 comments:
My heart-felt condolences. I remember you writing about your grandmother a few times. I hope you and your family will find comfort in the wealth of stories and the memories of your beloved grandmother.
I'm so sorry Marie. She sounds like a strong, joyful, memorable woman.
I'm so sorry.
I'm sorry for your loss Marie! When are you due back?
I am home now but feeling a bit lost at the moment.
My sympathies Marie. My gran lived to be 91 too and, while you can appreciate the fact they lived a long and fulfilled life, that doesn't stop you missing them terribly too. x
I'm so sorry, Marie; we're all thinking of you.
Awh, I hope you're all rallying round and supporting each other - hugs to you and bro and sis and the rest of the clan we 'know' from reading you for so long.
take care, and be back to us when you feel up to it.
So sorry to hear about your grandmother. She sounds like a wonderful lady. x
I'm so sorry for your loss, Marie.
So sorry for your loss Marie. Take care. As rosby says, we'll be thinking of you.
Very sorry to hear that, Marie.
Marie, I've come to the conclusion it doesn't matter how old people are, it's the relationship to you and the love you have that makes the loss incalcuable. 91 was a great innings, but you've still lost your gran. Let yourself grieve, it's the toughest part of this life we live. xxxx
I,v just read your sisters post about your grandmother-it was beautiful. Hope your feeling better soon-and from your sisters post, i think your grandmother wouldn,t want you to be sad for too long-go out and live your life why you can. x
She sounded fabulous, a really lovely, sparkly granny.
Take care of yourself
xx
I too am very sorry to read this, Marie. I have just been reading your sister's wonderful post as well. Many hugs.
Post a Comment