Ex-MOH who used to complain about expensive wedding trips and parties gets
engaged and changes her personality completely: ‘Now she is getting married
and is asking for crazy amounts of time and money’
-
You never know when Bridezilla might appear
I wasn't familiar with this concept until a few months ago. I don't know
why I ended up reading about it, and n...
1 hour ago

11 comments:
hurray for your hairdresser!
There will be plenty of time when you are middle aged to have it shorter
I gave up going to a very good hairdresser because he'd always refuse to cut my hair short - i had put up with it being long all through my childhood and teens because mum wanted me to have long hair, then had to stick with it for most of my twenties as the hairdresser refused to do the chop. I eventually went to another hairdresser and had the most attractive style (short) i had ever worn, thanks to the fact that the new hairdresser realised it was *my* hair, on *my* head, and that i had every right to choose what i wanted done with it - whether a good choice or not! :)
Your hairdresser might have done you a big favour, but who knows... it might have really worked!?!
It's OK Clare, Paul (my hairdresser) knows what he's doing. He said he knew it was inevitable I'd make him cut it off sooner or later, but he reminded me how much work it was going to be and told me to save it for my next traumatic break-up...
I've always been of the opinion that if you have hair that looks good long, then cutting it is a major shame.
I don't agree with cutting in when one is middle aged either. If it looks good, grey or tinted, it looks good. And I think it's a shame new mothers cut their hair because it's easier to manage that way. I think new mothers should do their utmost to park child for 1 hour and enjoy long hair ritual. But then again I'm the would-have- been-sort-of-mother who would have used one of those gated little play pen type holding things and parked baby/toddler/infant/child in there...also whilst doing nails/toenails etc.
And after break ups? No, no, no, why let everyone know you're unhappy? They'd run a mile.
Finally, short hair is for when you are about to be burnt at the stake. Long hair is for getting messy when having sex.
And... you look great!
I think the short-hair-mother thing isn't because it's hard to look after long hair. It's because babies grab it. And then they PULL.
Hoorah for Paul the hairdresser then!
I had my long thick hair cut at age 15, the one time I went to a hairdresser. It was never as long nor as thick again.
As for long-haired mothers, I've done it. You put your hair up or tie it back. Babies pull short hair too, and I imagine it hurts just as much.
I fell in love with your photograph, the one used to advertise your book. Don't mess with my fantasy.
Computer imaging yur head with your hair short, makes you look dorky, a sort of a Nigella lawson (not a fantasy of mine).
Tony
Computer imaging of your head with short hair just doesn't cut it. You look great as you are.
Why are so few people satisfied with their looks?
Sam
I hope you go back and thank your hairdresser. Almost never does a short haircut look better on a woman. Often, women look 5 or 10 years older walking out of a salon. I know--- my wife is 53, and her hair to her butt is well cared for and super youthful.
Post a Comment