
Answers on a postcard, or, if you must be literal, in the comments, preferably by Thursday, when I have my hairdresser's appointment.
For those need a reminder, this is what I look like at the moment:

(with a bit of airbrushing, courtesy of Ms Scannell.)

20 comments:
Go into Selfridges and try a wig on and see what it looks like.
If it's good go for it!
Trying on a wig is a brilliant idea. It once saved me from a nasty hair disaster.
I try to avoid commenting on a woman's appearance (but that's going be twice in as many days). Your hair looks magnificent the way it is; a version of you with such short hair would not look like Marie.
Yes, yes you should. That is a glorious haircut, and if I had enough hair, I would definitely do it.
Although the wig idea is probably sensible.
I think you should keep your hair as it is, but it's your hair and you should do whatever makes you happy.
I will, of course, continue to read you, and buy your next book, whatever you decide to do with your hair.
As your sister I reckon I am entitled to be honest: I think the cut is great, but you have a stronger jaw than the girl in the picture (am I supposed to know who she is?) so it will give more prominence to your jaw line/chin. On the other hand, I know what you look like with short hair and you look good, so go with your gut feeling!
It's Katie Holmes, formerly of Dawson's Creek, now Mrs Tom Cruise, but I think they got married since you moved to Mozambique, and it might not have got quite the coverage there that it did here...
Good point re the chin. Hmm.
Think you'd look good marie!
It looks more high maintenance than your current hair though. If you fancy a change you should go for it, and if you don't like it, you can get it cut short as you know that suits you.
The easy answer is, ask Paul. He will know.
But short hair suits you.
No, don't do it. Katie Holmes looks like a Stepford Wife. Well I think so anyway.
Is your hair quite manageable, or quite unruly? I can't tell from your photo. If the former then get the cut (it's very cute and I think you could pull it off) but if the latter then steer well clear, because that's the sort of haircut that quite quickly starts to point in all directions and look like a bad clown wig if you don't spend an hour on it each morning, and who's got time for that?
Hi Marie, being deeply envious of the hair you already have, I'd say stay with what you've got. Also... bobs at the best of times are high maintenance, but that one looks rather bouffant to me, and I'm with elsie em, having the sort of hair that points in all directions apart from the ones I want it to at all times. But maybe your hair is better behaved then mine!
hmmmmm...
would make you look a bity like Amelie, from the movie, methinks..
Amelie Phillips?
Not sure
Hooray, I know who Katie Holmes is! But she looks very different to the last photos I saw of her with her new baby Mouse, sorry, Sourie, sorry, Suri. I'm inclined to agree with those who said it looks a bit high maintenance, but Colette is also right, take a pic to your hairdresser and let him tell you what he thinks.
ok so I normally just lurk around here not saying anything but when hair is involved... I really like shorter hair on women - I think it looks cute and feminine - I hate it when men go on about women having long hair and all that. Don't worry - it's just hair, it grows! I think everyone should get more adventurous hair - go for it.
No.
That is not a haircut. It is head furniture.
I think im going to have to agree with some of the others and say Noooooo Dont do it!!
You have a fine head of hair as it is and theres no need to hack into it to make that kind of mess on purpose.
Poor Katie Holmes/Cruise, I dont think she knew what she was getting into with that style.
I'll ask my mate though, shes a hairdresser she'll know these things.
So, what did happen with the haircut?
I wouldn't make a comment based on the photos, the second of which doesn't do you justice having seen you in Luton. Also being hirstutely challenged, I guess my opinions could be considered marginal. Nevertheless, I'm still going to have my tuppenceworth! Which is: your hair is a great feature (you're probably well aware of that), so will continue to be as long as it's not shockingly short - so go with what you feel!
Post a Comment