1. Ancic is out of the tournament and thus no longer of interest til this time next year. Tennis a brutal game, as is love.
2. Rafael Nadal is right handed but plays tennis with his left hand just to throw the other players off. How very Princess Bride. I long for the moment when he switches mid-set.
3. Rafael Nadal does a cute little run to the baseline just before he starts the match.
4. You are only allowed 20 seconds before you serve in tennis. Nadal takes 19 seconds, every time.
5. Rafael Nadal is not Roger Federer. No stupid cardigan, no monogrammed blazer, no brutal defeat of the forgotten but still cute Mario Ancic.
But most importantly of all:
6. Rafael Nadal looks like Dogtanian.
Dogtanian:

Nadal:
Someone give that dog a tennis racquet (left paw, naturally).

2 comments:
If I remember rightly, the Dogtanian cartoon was Spanish, which always used to confuse me, especially as the Mysterious Cities of Gold was French.
I go along with the idea that tennis is brutal, and suggest that a truce of some kind would be preferable. Wasn’t it in ancient times that when two groups were poised to go into battle, instead major conflicts were settled with some nice sports contest? I would like to see those poised to go into a brutal tennis battle instead resolve their horrible conflict with a nice baseball contest.
Post a Comment