Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Strictlywatch 2009: Brucie Bonus

According to tonight's It Takes Two, this year's costume theme is not (as I guessed) prostitutes from Westerns, but 1970s and 1980s musicals.

Anybody spot that? Anybody?

Of course, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas is a 1980s musical so maybe they are just being coy. I mean, check out the trailer:



I think they actually did that bit where they rip off their balldresses to dance in their knickers in last week's pro dance.

(A longer, higher quality version of the trailer is available here.)

4 comments:

BaronessBlack said...

Ooooh! I LOVE that film!
VERY 80's! And, of course, when Dolly first got to sing 'I will always love you'. And where Burt Reynolds didn't get to sing at all, and was just very amusingly dubbed.
Sigh!
I should probably see if I can dig it out of a bargain bin somewhere!

Ha! My verification word is 'sneers'

Pauline said...

Ah, that explains it! There I was, thinking 'The Corpse Bride', when I should have been thinking 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'.

Stephanie said...

I'm not convinced it works as a theme... one thing that struck me about the whole discussion about costume last night was how utterly humourless it was. It's frocks, FFS.
Also, i was hoping to have found out what Flavia has done to upset the costume powers that be this season - she seems to be being forced into the most unflattering colours possible.
I did think 'Fame!' at one point on Saturday, funnily enough, but it was in the VT of Jade and Ian at the running track, when Ian was wearing that sweatband, apparently without any irony whatsoever.

Marie said...

One of the mysteries of ITT is that nobody ever, EVER admits that most of the dresses are hideous. When that fashion expert said, very seriously, that you'd be able to buy versions of Lesley Garrett's fringed lampshade clown-coloured jive dress in the shops this season, I thought I would explode.