Tuesday, 6 October 2009

No Logo?


I love the new Doctor Who logo. There, I've said it. It's the Tardis! It's got a light on the top! It's the right colour! It's totally old school! Even the font is 1970s-futuristic. FFS, the thing's in flares.

So we're all agreed? Yes?

10 comments:

Jane Henry said...

I have only just seen this. Thought 70s - yessss!!! straightaway. Was too dim to see the Tardis till you spotted it. But spot on. Love it.

Chris Wild said...

I will even consider watching now - just because of the logo - call me shallow I don't care... :)

If they can get the logo so right, then there is a chance they might have fixed the show too!

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Oooh, I have been working so hard to avoid any 'spoilers' but this is a treat. I LOVE the new logo! The TARDIS is tops!

Ben Johncock said...

I dislike Dr Who. I love the logo.

Take that, Phillips!

Robert Hudson said...

What is a tardis?

(word verification = unluc)

Bangkok Expat Mama said...

The logo is tops. But what of this Matt Smith fellow? Call me shallow, too, but his bizarre hairdo counts as a strike against him before the season even starts. David Tennant is an impossible act to follow!

Raye S. said...

I agree with Jane Henry, I thought "70s!" But I am a new viewer so I don't know if that is good or bad, but that is what I thought of too.

I also agree with @Bangkok Expat Mama; I don't like Matt Smiths' hair. I'm still stuck on David. But I am willing to see what happens....I'll have to do some undercover YouTube viewing or something however, being here in the USA.

Jane Henry said...

Raye.S as a child viewer of Dr Who in the 70s I can confirm this look is A GOOD THING. I agree with Marie that they've made it both retro and modern very neat.

I can't possibly fancy Matt Smith as I am old enough to be his mother, so I am going to content myself with maternal feelings towards the Doctor instead. David Tennant is very hard act to follow, but I have really enjoyed the little I've seen of Matt Smith in Party Animals and Ruby in the Smoke and I think he is probably quirky enough for the doc. Do hope there isn't too much of a love fest going on with him and Karen though. That would be dull

Raye S. said...

Yes Jane Henry a "love fest" would be terrible dull! I may be getting myself in trouble saying this, but I found the "almost" love fest with Rose a bit tedious at times....*doddges thrown fruit*...

Anyway, once I saw I am older than Matt I got a bit discouraged. To be older myself than the 900+ Time Lord makes me hope he is a really good actor to play a character so mature. (And yes David Tennant is a hard act to follow.)

Essie Fox said...

That is a very clever logo. Brilliant!