Cost of tickets for the London Eye from huge, heavily-signposted "Fast Track" booth directly opposite London Eye: £25.
Cost of tickets for the London Eye from official yet barely signposted at all counter within deceptively non-ticket-selling-looking building not quite opposite London Eye and next door to huge, heavily-signposted "Fast Track" booth: £15.50.
Welcome to London, tourists! A blank cheque will do nicely, thanks.
[On the other hand, to get your tickets from said building, you do have to walk past the least convincing waxwork I've ever seen, allegedly of Pierce Brosnan (I just think they fiddled with the nose on the Timothy Dalton one a bit. Sorry, Daniel who? Up to date? London's premier tourist attraction? But - why?) You may consider avoiding that horror worth paying the additional £9.50. I don't (quite).]
Employee gets laid off due to extreme body odor: ‘I genuinely felt bad for
him. He had only just started the job and hadn’t really had the chance to
show what he could contribute. You could tell he felt embarrassed and
ashamed’
-
To pass the smell test
I felt really identified with this story because I've had to deal with this
issue multiple times in my life. I don't mean with my bo...
2 hours ago

3 comments:
Rats. I've never spotted that before when I've gone on the London Eye, and ended up paying full whack. (Mind you once I was with four kids in the freezing cold and was actually grateful for the queue in the Fast Tickets place). Last time we went we were with French friends who'd just got off Eurostar. Very kindly they'd bought us a bottle of rather nice French wine. Only we had to hand it in at the ticket booth and guess what. The bastards lost it.We came home with some rather inferior plonk... I have also yet to go on a day when I can actually SEE any views at all.
When I went on the eye I pre-booked, though I can't remember how much that was.
The biggest tourist rip off, also featuring unconvincing waxworks and owned by the same sinister conglomerate, is Madame Tussuads. 8 million quid to get in, it's totally crap and yet they queue round the block.
If you want crappy waxworks, ignore Madame Tussauds and visit Louis Tussauds in Blackpool or Great Yarmouth. check out this story:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1575931/Waxworks-from-%27worst%27-museum-up-for-auction.html
The whole day takes on an added dimension of fun as you wander around saying, 'Who the Hell is that meant to be?'
Post a Comment