I have come up with a new, brilliant, theory, though I say so myself, and I didn't even need an apple to fall on my head: the BBC don't know when to say "enough". They kept adding episodes of Eastenders until there were so many that keeping up with it was a full-time job - so I quit. And now they've added so many couples to Strictly that it now goes on for about half the year so that even the [Karen] Hardiest of us die of boredom before it's done. BBC! Less Strictly is more! I speak as Strictly's biggest* fan when I say: FEWER COUPLES NEXT YEAR.
Here is the song I think might be going around the BBC's head at all times when it comes to Strictly. Listen to the lyrics, look at the outfit, look at the hair. BELIEVE. And then imagine me doing the Cha Cha Cha to it once I have written a book that makes me famous enough / married and divorced a Rolling Stone:
*I may not actually be Strictly's biggest fan, but I think I might be the one wearing the nicest burgundy top today.
Employee gets laid off due to extreme body odor: ‘I genuinely felt bad for
him. He had only just started the job and hadn’t really had the chance to
show what he could contribute. You could tell he felt embarrassed and
ashamed’
-
To pass the smell test
I felt really identified with this story because I've had to deal with this
issue multiple times in my life. I don't mean with my bo...
2 hours ago

3 comments:
Suddenly I'm thinking about the wonderful film, The Last Days of Disco...
Anyway, yes - there are definitely too many couples, and I'm not sure that they're reaching quite the levels I'd want them to have reached by this stage either - the obvious pairs aside. Hitting fast-forward on my PVR is too easy (at least mine records the show!).
Even the professionals' dances feel a bid jaded this series, to the point that I want to see a few more guest dancers on the show.
So next series: fewer couples, and a new presenting line-up: clearly Claudia was superb last week.
Presumably the extra couples are there to cater for injury etc but yes, there are too, too many. And too many of them are average dancers this year, and even the good ones aren't exciting.
Like you, Marie, I am utterly convinced that I will be on Strictly sometime. Shall we try to do it the same year, and we could both get to the semi finals, then both be knocked out by the sportsman who's been on the journey who everyone's granny has voted for? I suppose you will have to have Ian because you're tall, so maybe I will have Matthew? Squee! We could start planning our outfits!!
I want to see a few more guest dancers on the show.
Make website india
Post a Comment