Just switched on my PVR to discover that it hasn't recorded any of the programmes that I have set over the last several weeks. No Strictly over the weekend, no Doctor Who, no True Blood, no Peep Show, and none of the entire series of The Thick Of It that I was looking forward to savouring in one sinful burst. I will be attempting to summon as much as possible via iPlayer so there will be essential reviews (by which I mean Strictlywatch and Who) but I am MOST displeased as I'm sure there will be plenty that's gone from my reach forever.
GRRRRRRRRR.
This is as good a time as any to apologise for the relative silence on the blog, I've been suffering from the recurrence of a debilitating though by no means dangerous condition which has made it hard for me to work, in which I include blog writing, and though it is nothing to worry about it does mean I may be posting a bit less frequently for a while. Maybe you can spend the time watching The Thick Of It, which you have recorded, OVER and OVER again. (Sob).
I am now going to go and watch Saturday's Strictly. Strictlywatch will be appearing as soon as possible.
Employee gets laid off due to extreme body odor: ‘I genuinely felt bad for
him. He had only just started the job and hadn’t really had the chance to
show what he could contribute. You could tell he felt embarrassed and
ashamed’
-
To pass the smell test
I felt really identified with this story because I've had to deal with this
issue multiple times in my life. I don't mean with my bo...
2 hours ago

7 comments:
Doctor Who is repeated on Wednesday evening, so all is not lost!
Oh dear.. I don't want to rub it in but True Blood was an unmissable one.
You may be able to get hold of it on You Tube but you have to be careful of spoilers on there.
You are in luck.. it's online on the Channel 4 Iplayer but only for another 2 days.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/true-blood/4od#3009072
Pathetic.
Yes, Anonymous, the collapse of my PVR is pathetic, and I will be complaining to the manufacturer. I am assuming that's what you meant?
Arabella, is entire series of True Blood bar the first two eps which didn't get recorded. One for the DVD box set I think.
do hope you feel better soon - enjoy your strictly comments (esp agree re Layla).
Thick of It is fantastic - having the woman minister in has been a stroke of genius.
Take care, Ms Phillips :)
Post a Comment