
Sigh... I had good taste, when I was five.
Pop stars today don't wear enough outfits, and they are peculiarly obsessed with not looking like girls. Male pop stars, anyway.
'Prince Charming' was my sister's favourite because she liked doing the dance. She was eight. But the video that won my heart was 'Stand and Deliver'. I wanted a dandy highwayman to hold me up. I wasn't wrong.
Who was your first crush?

13 comments:
Maxi Gnauck, an East German gymnast. I was about 9.
D'Artagnan in the animated Three Musketeers shown during Banana Splits. Yep. I fell for a cartoon character. It was the mid-70s and I was 8.
I remember being very keen on A-ha when they first arrived on the scene.
Now, of course, we would probably just have an earnest discussion about Norway's whaling policy!
It was David Cassidy in a big, big way. I used to sit in front of the Telly with my little cassette player holding the mike to record the Partridge Family songs.
"Maxi Gnauck, an East German gymnast. I was about 9."
Bloody hell, you too? I thought I was the only one! (I think I was 11).
Not sure I can exactly remember who my very first crush was, but I suspect it was David Callum as the Invisible Man. In the real world there was a very very lovely boy from Venezuala with dark brown eyes and jet black hair called Armando whom I adored aged 8. So I suppose he must have been the proper first...
Just remembered. First proper popstar crush was Bob Geldof, singing I Don't Like Mondays. Turned down a first date with Spouse so I could go and see him (-:
It's either Buck Rogers or *coughs* Shakin' Stevens.
I know. Both deeply, deeply uncool.
I forgot Shakin' Stevens! I can't remember if I had a crush on him or just thought he was way cool. I know I couldn't tell him apart from Elvis though.
Mark Shaw from Then Jericho. I looked him up recently for a blog post and was faced with a ghastly bloated Rabb C Nesbitt figure (he had just been mugged, but even so). Pah.
jonnynexus and me deserve a picture of Maxi Gnauck in your gallery for our rather obscure coincidence.
First ever crush was on a friends brother, I was 5 or 6.
First "celebrity" crush was on Justin Hayward from The Moody Blues and I was 11. Did I mention I like older men? (I am 27 now...if that tells you anything.)
You like Adam Ant's "Prince Charming"? Then you must love this, which combines your first crush with your last crush...
Post a Comment