Thursday, 23 July 2009

The Great Crush Gallery: And The Gents

Rather more competition for the title of best male first crush, beginning with my own nomination, pre-trailed here - Adam Ant. Let's just get another look at him.



Oh, Adam. Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

Up next is Lisa Gee's first love, who is a drawing. A drawing of a musketeer, but nevertheless a drawing. Bonjour, d'Artagnan!



Time is our enemy, so let's crash on. Baroness Black was a young admirer of Aha, and Jessica of Morten Harket, and I'm hoping the Baroness will allow Morten to stand in for his bandmates for the purposes of this scientific study:



You know, this poll is putting me in a really good mood.

Annabel Gaskell's heart beat only for David Cassidy:



Who looks, and this will not go down well in certain sectors, like a cross between my brother and one of my sisters.

Whereas Jane Henry was torn between David McCullum:



Okaaaaay... and Bob Geldof:



That's a very generous choice of image for Mr Geldof and it took me some time to find. But he does spend so much time and effort helping the poor kiddies of Africa.

Calistro was also a fickle mistress, vacillating between Buck Rogers -



and Shakin' Stevens, the Elvis of Wales:



Interesting. Bar the outfits, they are basically identical.

Staying in the popzone, how about Jaywalker's beloved Mark Shaw, then of Then Jerico?



Or even Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues, who captured Raye S's heart?



That's... an interesting choice, Raye.

Quick, to Miss B's object of adoration, Jared Leto as he appeared in My So Called Life:



Is anybody noticing a certain big eyes, long hair type theme going on here? They all look like baby fauns. I think we need some leather, TCJM:



Thank heavens for that. This manly specimen is Avon from Blakes 7, portrayed by Paul Darrow.

Charles Lambert prefered the charms of Dave Clark of the Dave Clark Five:



While Laura, as a toddler, could not get enough of Rick Astley:



(Evil Pixie liked Rick too, but ONLY his voice. She is VERY clear about this.)

A more grown-up Laura, at the lofty age of 10, graduated to an obsession with Robbie Williams. Now, it was very important to me to pick an image of Take That era Robbie Williams, otherwise it Would Not Have Been Fair. So here you are (Robbie, helpfully, is circled):



Mmmm. Sexy.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is our lot. So if you would be kind enough to cast your votes:



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, Paul Darrow. And his gravelly voice. Which was created by his smoking habit, and when I found myself stood next to him on Oxford Street a few years ago, that self same smoking habit has made him age BADLY. Pity.

Jane Henry said...

To be fair to Bob, I think I fell mainly for his voice. And what can I say about David, except I grew up with black and white tv, so my choices were limited. And as soon as I wrote that I realised my actual first crush was Tony Curtis in the Persuaders. Darn.

From your poll I also realised that the most worthy first crush is definitely Paul Darrow. And I am ignoring eveything that rachel bagelmouse is saying about him....

Rebecca said...

Most worthy poll has not appeared, or is that only over here in darkest Africa? David Cassidy really should be in our family, you're quite right. And at first glance I thought he WAS a woman. I vote, of course, for Shakin' Stevens, my first crush.

Marie said...

Sis, the poll is working here so I have registered your vote for Shaky.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

I too will ignore what Paul Darrow has turned into (have you heard the Big Finish audio of 'The Adventures of Luther Arkwright' based on the the graphic novel bby Brian talbot? Stars Darrow as the villain and one David Tennant as the hero... its rather brilliant)

Mum and I were both rather fond of John Taylor from Duran Duran but that wasn't my first crush. I think I've repressed whoever was my first...

CL Taylor said...

I have betrayed my own crushes and voted for someone else's. Well, looking at the photos I just had to...

Rob Buckley said...

David Cassidy just got himself a new sitcom on ABC Family in the US: Ruby and The Rockits. Lots of singing involved. Also features Patrick Cassidy, is written by Shaun Cassidy and has Ryan Cassidy behind the scenes. David looks a little different now, I have to say.

My sister loved Mark Shaw and Morten Harket, so I'll vote for them equally. Is that possible?

Raye S. said...

lol! I admit I voted for someone else's crush too...but what can I say of my eleven year old self? I was eleven.
I think my crushes have somewhat improved since then...however David Tennant is continuing the big doe-eyed theme. lol : )

Laura said...

God, my first crushes seen in picture form are really tragic. I have much better taste now, honest! Can you do a rogues gallery of current crushes? That might be a bit more visually appealing. I'll kick it off with Gerard Butler. Preferably shirtless.

Laura said...

Also, Morten Harket looks uncannily like CHris Hemsworth, formerly Kim from H&A, currently Captain Kirk Senior, in that picture.

Laura said...

Also, Morten Harket looks uncannily like CHris Hemsworth, formerly Kim from H&A, currently Captain Kirk Senior, in that picture.

BaronessBlack said...

Strangely, looking at Morten Harket now, he's rather blandly good-looking. Like those endless chisel-jawed Gillette models.
Nowadays I'd be far more likely to fall for Bob Geldof! You can't help feeeling his heart's in the right place, even if parts of his face are sagging a little! Not that such things concern me, of course!

Christine said...

Aw man... I go away for one little week and all kinds of fun things happen on the internet without me!
Had I been here, I may have chosen to vote for either the boys of Aha, or perhaps Jered Leto (although he came much later, more like high school).
I would definitely have nominated Corey Hart as my earliest memory of a crush. Sigh.