Your tenure as blog mascot was brief, yet brief. As a representative of all fair-weather tennis fans, I vow to completely forget that you exist unless you win a grand slam between now and this time next year, and then get all over-excited about your freckly chops and surly ways again for exactly one fortnight next June (less if excised early).
Now it's all about the ROD versus the FED. (Oh, and the WILLIAMS versus the WILLIAMS, but deja yawn.) I want to support the FED but I have serious trouble seeing past his monograms. Every time I want to get excited about his tennis I catch sight of a little RF on a sock / cufflink / gold-plated snot cap for his nostril, and it's really hard to focus on sport when you're trying to catch your own vomit in your hands. (Someone else's, no problem.) But then there's the ROD's cap. I know there are good reasons for wearing a hat out of doors, protecting your head bla sun in eyes bla bla nudge to All American fanbase bla, but it's such an unsexy garment, because not only is it horribly unflattering (on everybody, readers note), but also, all I can think of is the sweaty hair ridge when you take it off. *Shudder*. The FED would never risk a sweaty hair ridge. Not unless he could get his own head monogrammed in sweat.
Boringly, therefore, I will have to choose my allegiance based on the quality of play on the day. What kind of a way to follow sport is that?
Employee gets laid off due to extreme body odor: ‘I genuinely felt bad for
him. He had only just started the job and hadn’t really had the chance to
show what he could contribute. You could tell he felt embarrassed and
ashamed’
-
To pass the smell test
I felt really identified with this story because I've had to deal with this
issue multiple times in my life. I don't mean with my bo...
2 hours ago

3 comments:
Oh, it's gotta be Andy II!
I simply can't support someone who looks like he could win even if he were actually asleep. Does THE FED even have to try anymore? It's dull... Go A-ROD!
I think Rodders deserves it for the rottweiler way he didn't let go yesterday whatever Murray threw at him. Stonking game of tennis, what is should be all about. Fear tho' we will get predictable final with Fed gliding through in straight sets, calmly unruffled as he has been throughout. Don't think anyone can beat him this year (and I doubt Murray could have had he got through). Shame tho.
Williams v Williams, even counting the fact I share their surname is just B-O-O-R-I-N-G. Aged mil suggesting they should be gracious and move over to let someone else have a turn. Had to explain it doesn't quite work like that (-:
I'm fed up with the Fed - It's got to be Andy. Besides, Roddick has something of a younger John Malkovich look about him which os strangely magnetic and shows character, unlike the fashion victim Swiss.
Post a Comment