Tuesday, 21 July 2009

First Crush Update

I am considering a rogue's gallery and a poll. Any more first crush confessions? We are particularly short on admissions from men.

14 comments:

Brian Clegg said...

Okay, you twisted my arm.

Age 13 I had a serious crush on Wendy Padbury who played Zoe in Dr Who (with Patrick Troughton).

Is that the kind of thing you had in mind?

Marie said...

Precisely.

Rob Buckley said...

Soolin from Blake's 7 when I must have been 8 or 9, I think. Nicola Bryant on Doctor Who. Haydn Gwynne on Drop the Dead Donkey.

Unknown said...

Jared Leto in My So Called Life...

Marie said...

Good call Miss B! I loved him too, but I was about 18 by then.

Oliver said...

Megan Follows, the amber-tressed star of the TV series of 'Anne of Green Gables'. I was 11. It no doubt started me on the (sometimes painful) habit of greatly admiring ladies of a ginger persuasion.

Charles Lambert said...

Oh God. Dave Clark, from the Dave Clark Five.

Laura said...

I have been reliably informed by my mum I liked Rick Astley when I wasn't much more than a toddler. Thank god I then got better taste cos the first crush I remember is Robbie Williams when he was in Take That. I was OBSESSED, at the tender age of 10.

He does absolutely nothing for me now.

Evil Pixie said...

Like Laura, mine wsa Rick Astley. I actually had a crush on the voice. I had no idea what he looked like for the longest time, but when I finally saw him - he didn't live up to my kiddie fantasy. It broke my adolescent heart.

Jessica said...

Morten Harket.

Ben Johncock said...

OK Miss P, here we go:

Rebekah Elmaloglou, who you might remember from Home and Away (she played Sophie). My oh my - what a crush. I had a poster of her on my wall, by my bed, so she was the last thing I saw before I went to sleep (I'm not joking).

And I'm happy to report that I've just found the EXACT picture on that most fabulous of contraptions - the internets:

http://www.homeandaway.utvinternet.com/images/Sophie.jpg

Dame Judi Dench is her mother's cousin, don't you know?

Ben Johncock said...

Link didn't paste properly:

http://www.homeandaway.utvinternet.com/images/Sophie.jpg

Ben Johncock said...

Dammit! What's going on with Blogger? Here's the end, for anyone curious:

/Sophie.jpg

Helen said...

Avon (Paul Darrow) from Blake's 7 was my first big crush. I think I was four. Worryingly, I saw the series again while at university and still found him irresistible. Maybe it was the sardonic smile. Maybe it was the black leather... Anyway, I met him about two years ago when he came into where I worked to record a voiceover. He was charming, funny and a total flirt. I was incoherent and giggly.