Monday, 2 March 2009

Oh my god.

I'm on Wikipedia! That's so exciting! And I can only see two mistakes.

15 comments:

mattcollinssongs said...

Did you find this out by Googling yourself daily? That makes me feel a bit better for sifting through the endless Matt Collinses online to find me from time to time!

Jane Henry said...

Oh that is so cool. I know someone who is in wikipedia!

Bro said...

"This article about an English novelist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it."

Oh the temptation...

Rob Buckley said...

Nice. Have you edited it to correct the mistakes or will you be indulging a deliberate campaign of misinformation to maintain an air of mystery(eg Marie Phillips won gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics in archery and basket weaving? She can frequently be observed conducting the Berlin Philharmonic during the new moon. That sort of thing)

Marie said...

I found it when I was looking up Keith Lemon on wiki and I looked myself up just to see. I have no idea how to sign up for wikipedia and change the mistakes, but I probably should at some point. The temptation to put in completely erroneous facts which I'd like to be true is almost overwhelming. ("Marie's long and tempestuous relationship with David Tennant was threatened when she entered into a menage a trois with noted radio DJs Adam and Joe.")

Bro, just consider whether you want a birthday present this year...

Rob Buckley said...

You just have to click the [edit] link above a section in Wikipedia to edit it - you don't have to be registered.

Your entry was set up by The Parting Glass, whoever they are. They appear to be a Doctor Who fan, anyway.

Marie said...

Wow. The Parting Glass has worked really hard on that. Feel quite humbled.

Anonymous said...

Great - you on Wiki. I only miss a photo there. Maybe I should take it from your website to put it there. Only I have never done that - never wrote on wiki. Don`t know how to do it.
MediumRob, can you do it?

Rob Buckley said...

You have to have been a registered user for more than four days and have made at least 10 edits before you can upload a file to Wikipedia. And that ain't me.

Kymz said...

I believe that I have an account on wiki as I used to use it a while ago. I could see if my account qualifies to post a photo.

pierre l said...

The phrase "a representative from Random House" sounds suspicious to me; I thought it was a representative from TFP...

Marie said...

Pierre, that one is correct: it was a TFP rep who told me the book was worth persevering with (my now dear friend Scott of Me And My Big Mouth fame), but Peter Fry, the lovely sales rep from Random House, was the one who suggested to my boss that I might try sending my manuscript to Dan Franklin.

As for the mistakes, I have corrected them, which I have been warned is terribly bad netiquette, but after The Parting Glass had gone to all that trouble I thought it was worth tidying up the two (tiny) loose ends.

Marie said...

Ooh. It has been updated with new stuff just over the last couple of days. This is fun.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

How very exciting! A definition you have arrived perhaps? Though personally I think you were important long before Wiki did...

Word verification for this post: widica... that's almsot wiki, right?

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Your Wikipedia entry actually lead me here. After finishing your book about ten minutes ago, I took the next natural step.

Type the author's name into Wikipedia. And now I'm here, being more than a little creepy, and leaving a comment.

For what it's worth, a 23-year old illustration student from California quite enjoyed your book.

Thank you for the excellent entertainment this past week. Much appreciated, and I look forward to both your future work, and creepily reading your blog.