Ceremonial nul points: Spain, for the chickens and the falling over and for being the worst song of the night
1 point: The one where they did a lightning outfit change under a giant sheet
2 points: Russia, for the ugliest ice skater in the world
3 points: Poland, for the astonishing amount of surgery the singer had put herself through
4 points: United Kingdom, for not being humiliatingly awful for once
5 points: Iceland, for the evil Ice twins
6 points: Norway, for favouring funky horns over the strings everyone else had this year
7 points: Albania, which was really kind of catchy
8 points: Azerbaijan, for the angel versus demon opera
10 points: France, for actually having a decent song
And the 12 points go to.............
Los Angeles employee returns from a pre-approved vacation only to get fired
and denied months of earned bonuses and commissions after boss claims
they're "discretionary"
-
An approved vacation turned into a firing, but the real battle began when
earned money suddenly became discretionary.
I can point out so many things that a...
2 days ago

8 comments:
Your marks pretty closely match mine. The French should have won really, although the Bosnian one was suitably batty. Any idea what they were singing about?
No no, no... France was awful... And what about the mad old man singing - sorry shouting - in the Croatian one. The kids all plumped for Latvia. But then... it did feature pirates. We all liked the heavy metal angel/devil one. Ah me. Where WOULD we be without Eurovision and Eastern bloc voting?
My Mum was glued to this all evening - she got pissed and kept yelling the scores up the stairs, because she thought I was interested.
Off-topic, but I thought you'd be interested; Gods Behaving Badly is the featured book on the till counters at the WHSmith where I work; I did a double-take when I saw it.I talk to customers when they flick through it and tell them that I know the author.
Not sure quite how valid that claim is, but I recommended it to many!
So this is why we skipped Doctor Who? While the Bosnian song is catchy in a loopy sort of way, is the whole competition this, uh, quirky? And if so, doesn't it get wearing after a while?
Billy - I'm not sure I want to know...
Jane - I had forgotten about the pirates!
Rosby - That's very cool, and slightly surprising, given that as far as I knew it's not officially out in pb yet. Maybe they changed the dates? Let me know if you sell any! I still haven't had my author copies, maybe I should go to Smiths.
Persephone - yes. And yes.
Sorry, there were three questions, weren't there, Persephone? In which case: also, yes.
I actually liked the spanish song! it was my fave along with the french entry - granted we did miss the first 10 though. we were quite disappointed about Greece not winning, especially because the russian song was awful!!
What Terry Wogan obviously missed (and a lot of other media commentators also seemed to miss) was that Russia's ice skater was Evgeni Pluschenko, a multi gold medal winner and Olympic champion. Sorry, I've bored you all to death now, haven't I?
Anyway, I wanted Norway to win.
Post a Comment