They look triffic. So much so that I'd like to give a couple away. I should really run a competition, but I can't think of a good one. So what I'd thought I'd do is run a competition to come up with a good idea for a competition, and then run the competition. The person who comes up with the best competition idea, and person who wins said competition, each get a signed copy with inscription of your choice, or if you'd rather I'll just go freestyle.All with me? I am a bit confused myself, I said "competition" once too often.
Anyway, off you go then, ideas ahoy!

15 comments:
What God/dess would you most like to run into at the local coffee shop?
Complete the following sentence in the most witty and original way (and in less than 10 words)...
Marie Phillips is a total goddess because...
[btw I smirked when I wrote that. It sounds like SUCH a brown-nosey idea for a comp but I couldn't think of anything else!]
You could hold some kind of Doctor Who quiz...
*is not advocating something she'd be good at, of course not*
Or, just a general knowledge quiz in general...
Why not run a contest to write the funniest fictional account of what really should have happened when you met David Tennant?
(to avoid accusations of smuttiness I feel I should clarify: I just mean what should have happened at the point when you met him. Not, you know, later on in the evening...)
All the gods lost the jobs you gave them in your book, we are their new employment officers, where would we place them?
How about a contest to decide the inscription you should write in the winning paperback? stuck for any kind of brilliant idea but giving it a shot!
Hohoho; clearly Carolyn hasn't read some of the madness I used to concoct between Marie and Mr Tennant during breaks in revision...
How about Which God or Goddess would you like to be for a day and why.
Can't I just have one? just because?
I'll say please.
Best chat up line for Marie to use on David Tennant next time they meet?
Rosby: my thoughts exactly about Carolyn's remark...!
a competition idea: which famous person would you most like to hear reading which particular chapter/section [imagine a multi-reader audio CD - although obviously there's POV throughout I'm not necessarily thinking of a dramatised version as some of the funniest bits are in describing what characters think and not per se their dialogue].
This relies on (a) people having read the book and (b) being more imaginative than just suggesting Mr Tennant for everything [have to admit there are certain sections I would LOVE to hear him read but there are also bits that would be hilarious with other rather quirky people]
I think I'm taking this too seriously... Let's go with the 'chat up lines for next time Marie meets David...!
Im havin an ideas block so shall be back if i have one.
So id like to go with the Chat up lines next time Marie meets David.
The gods are contestants on "The Apprentice". This week's task is to design an ad campaign for a certain author's new book. Which ones would get fired?
I'm confused: I read what I thought was a paperback version of the book weeks ago, with a slightly different cover. It would not have made its way down here to New Zealand before being released in its home country, would it? See http://manoverboard-nz.blogspot.com/2008/05/ive-been-reading-maries-blog-for-years.html
Thanks for the nice write-up Barry! I think the confusion has arisen because the export edition of GBB is what is known as a 'Trade Paperback' - it is bound in a paperback jacket but the size of a hardback and with the hardback cover design. (It also tends to be priced about the same as a hardback... ) Not sure if or when the paperback paperback - what the bookselling business would call a 'B format' - will be available in NZ.
Post a Comment