Thursday, 29 May 2008

Author In Rainy City Shock: Pictures

The competition to set the competition appears to be judging itself, but in any case I will give you until Monday to enter, and then I will run the competition itself through next week.

Meanwhile, I have had new author photos taken, by the lovely Alexandra Scannell whose website you can find over here.

Here is a cheerful black and white pose:



And here is me in sultry mode, in full colour:



If you look closely you can just about see evidence of Washington DC's wettest May in 55 years running down the background of the B&W one...

Hope you like them. If, for whatever reason, you want to reuse them (odd thought, but have to remember am proper author now) please credit Alexandra Scannell.

7 comments:

Persephone said...

Lovely! I rather prefer the black and white; you look more approachable. Speaking of approachable, have you considered just sort of posting these on walls and poles along streets where DT might be known to stroll? Just to sort of gently worm your way into his consciousness, not like stalking or anything, far more discreet and refined than that...

Rosby said...

Oh, you look lovely!

More Marie's-book-where-I-work news; there's a massive poster in the front window of Gods Behaving Badly as you're The Times choice of the week. I'm working on delivery tomorrow; I'll covertly read through it while I'm putting books away!

Anonymous said...

Are you seriously saying that you think Alexandra's photos are better than the ones I took of you in DC with McCain, Obama & Clinton?

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous! And great lippie btw.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Can I just say you look bloody gorgeous in both pics, albeit yes, more approachable in the black and white one (though it does depend on if you are going for that sultry look!)

Electric Dragon said...

Dammit you got me interested with that title, but it turns out to be a completely different rainy city on a completely different continent to the one I live in.

Looking at those photos, it seems the wrong way round - sultry photos should be in black and white. Preferably with a 1940's jazz soundtrack behind them and a Raymond Chandler-type voice-over.

PS. Paperback of GBB bought today and enqueued to my to read list.

PPS. If DT turns you down, I am available.

Marie said...

That's good to know electric dragon, but I don't accept dates from people who haven't posted sultry photographs of their own (in your choice of b&w or colour...)