Friday, 11 April 2008

Doctor Who?

Guess who was having a knees up at the book launch I went to last night...


And I thought David Tennant was an exciting person to see at a party.

Did I speak to him? Are you crazy? It would have been like initiating chit-chat with God.

My first choice to play Zeus, GBB fans. Though now that I think of it Ian McKellen would be a world-class Doctor...

8 comments:

Jane Henry said...

Ian Mckellen for Zeus AND the Doctor. The campaign starts here.

I can quite see why it would be pretty intimidating talking to Gandalf, but wow. How fantastic to be in his presence...

Rebecca said...

He'd make a fantastic Zeus. Or how about John Hurt? My faulty visual recognition software can't tell them apart.

Anonymous said...

helen mirren and marie helvin and michael palin at the orion part before last. i was all a-quiver! (and agog)

Jane Henry said...

Marie/RG I clearly go to the wrong kind of publishing parties. Twenty years in the business and I've never got the remotest sniff of a celeb in the offing. Huh!

Anonymous said...

I think you'll find that I nominated Gandalf as the Doc way before you came up with the idea - on your other blog I think.

The glory is mine, all mine!

Bro

Kymz said...

If Ian was to be the Doctor that would mean David would have to leave! :( I didnt think that was allowed.

Marie said...

He would be equally good as the Master...

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Can I put in a request to come to parties with you? I'm sure you won't notice my presence around at all, except perhaps as a little voice in your head saying "go on, you can do it: talk to them... or I might..."

Hee.