
My television is talking to me again. It doesn't do it all that often, but when it does, it's spooky. Today it spoke to me in the form of a very long but utterly pointless conversation on Neighbours about Doctor Who. Pepper (looks like a lingerie model, acts like a lingerie model) and Adam (bizarrely unconvincing as British given that he is, in fact, British) spoke for several minutes on the subject, concluding that, while Tom Baker is untouchable, David Tennant comes a very close second, that in fact David Tennant is also incredibly attractive, as is Billie Piper, who was a fantastic companion, but that Freema in the most recent series was a bit weak.
OH MY GOD! I THINK THAT TOO! MY TELEVISION IS READING MY MIND! MY TELEVISION IS READING MY MIND AND TALKING IT BACK TO ME!
Unless of course there is another reason why Neighbours would take a five minute break to talk about Doctor Who, but I can't imagine what that would be. My television's giving me messages. It's the only explanation. God, I hope it doesn't start asking me to annihilate small villages.

9 comments:
That's amazing. I'm going to be waiting a long time for neighbours to listen to my interests.
Wow... What a sensible television.
My cat talks to me, on occasion. But he is a boy cat, so we cannot discuss David Tennant.
Shoot.
Oh dear, David Tennant name-checking has slipped back into your public blog. Tch-tch. (And I *still* like Martha...)
I came on here to read your Fay Grim review but I've spent so long laughing at this post that it is almost time to go to work . I am looking forward to coming back later to finish reading the rest!
Persephone, honestly. It's not my fault, my television told me to do it. And if you can't trust your television, who can you trust?
DJ, welcome to the party...
My television has said nothing of interest of late except to tell me that Richard Armitage is the only thing worth seeing about Robin Hood (but I didn't need the tv to tell me that)...
Actually Tom Baker WAS my favourite, but David has surpassed him. I never ever once fancied Tom Baker, but they didn't go for the phwoarr factor those days. Mind you I don't think my lot fancy David Tennant. They all liked Mickey best...
I didn't hate Freema as much you did but Billie was a very tough act to follow.
I SAW IT TOO! And immediately thought of you. It was so funny! As you say, it was like they were reading our minds...
Ah, hte inevitable re-entry of DW and DT into your new blog.
Hee hee hee. We'll only worry if you start thinking that HE'S talking to you!
If we say the the scriptwriters had been reading Marie's blog, rather than her mind, would we not be guilty of Cartesian mind/bloggy dualism?
Apologies, crap philosophical joke, but I couldn't resist.
I like Freema too.
Post a Comment