Monday, 26 November 2007

Exciting News...

...is to be found here!

Do I get to go on Strictly now? Do I? Do I?

Well, probably not. But Ben Stiller would look magnificent in sequins...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Does this make you rich, or richer, or not only rich in spirit and soul? Was it your choice to sell it as a sitcom rather than a movie? Congratulations!

Are you allowed to suggest writers? Would you suggest yourself or Mary Sue? If not, why not?

I thought you had to be sort of a has-been to get on SCD. You are obviously still a shooting star, so I don't know if you would fit in the concept of the show. Are you sure you want to deal with sour Len?

Did you see the body language of Len versus the other judges on last weeks SCD? Take a look at some of the YouTube clips, it's hilarious.

s said...

They could do a special authors version of Strictly. You, Neil Gaiman, AL Kennedy, China Miéville, JK Rowling and Tom Paulin. I bet Tom's a dab hand at the Foxtrot, but you wouldn't want to get in the way of China's samba.

Congrats, this is brilliant! I hope they wouldn't want to relocate it to the States, though.

Alun said...

Fantastic news Marie!!! Just don't get partnered with Brendan.

Billy said...

Oh. My. God.

That is very, very exciting...

Congratulations!

William Rycroft said...

That's fantastic news Marie, congratulations. Maybe you could be the woman to give Anton du Beke the real chance he deserves!

Laura said...

OH MY F***ING GOD. That is unreal.

Anna Lowman (annawaits) said...

Just amazing, Marie.

And I'm loving stu_n's idea. (Tom Paulin has the most ridiculous voice in the world, doesn't he? I thought Noel Fielding was exaggerating it on the Boosh live show DVD, but then I heard it for myself and it's quite an accurate impersonation. Anyway.)

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Too, TOO exciting!!! Well done Marie!

Jane Henry said...

Fantastic news Marie. Very very well done!!!

xxx

Imposs1904 said...

congratulations - could I borrow a fiver?

Reidski said...

Fiver my arse - I want a tenner right now!!

Seriously, nice one!

RandomPinkness said...

Amazing! Whoop, I so can't wait for it now.

Gav's Studio said...

Woo hoo!

Congratulations!

I loved the book!

Too many exclamation marks!

gav.

Rob said...

Woo hoo!

Funnily enough only last night as part of a soon-to-be-published memeish blog post I was coming up with my dream film cast, and naturally picked your book to do it with. Have to say Ben S wasn't in there, but he could be good. Just please don't let them Americanise it too much?

Marie said...

Ooh I will definitely have to read that! Very interesting to see how other people would cast it.

I'm not sure if Ben S is planning to be in the series, I would guess that if he is, he'll want to be a guest character rather than the lead, because it would be too much of a commitment and not leave enough time for film roles. But we haven't actually discussed that yet.

Re Americanisation, I'm not necessarily opposed: consider for example the success of 'High Fidelity' in comparison to the horror of that episode of Friends when they go to London...

Toby O'B said...

Congrats on the review in Entertainment Weekly magazine (Issue 968, Dec. 7th edition with Will Smith on the cover). And that must be pretty heady stuff with regards to the TV production!