While we're on The Killing, let's take a look at the trailer for the US remake which starts next week (thanks to the Medium Is Not Enough TV blog).
At first, it seems to be an essentially pointless shot by shot remake, with a Sarah Lund impersonator as Sarah Lund, complete with jumpers and ponytail, investigating an identical crime in Seattle, with nicely-chosen Nordic character names as a nod to the original. Even Theis and Pernille's kitchen is EXACTLY the same.
And then you see who they've cast as Morten. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I love America.
Ex-MOH who used to complain about expensive wedding trips and parties gets
engaged and changes her personality completely: ‘Now she is getting married
and is asking for crazy amounts of time and money’
-
You never know when Bridezilla might appear
I wasn't familiar with this concept until a few months ago. I don't know
why I ended up reading about it, and n...
1 hour ago

8 comments:
Well, I agree with all the comments but who cares about the destination when the journey was so great ? Call me shallow but my major pre-occupations were as follows :
Are Danish police officers overpaid ? Not only do these jumpers cost 280 quid and she had TWO of them but she wore them to WORK ! - must have been minging too after so much continuous wear (possibly why Bengt moved to Sweden ?) The itchy quotient bothered me too - do Danish women have particularly tough skin - I think we should be told.
Why did I feel the need to turn the sound up when I couldn't understand a word being said and when will I stop speaking with a Danish accent?
Finally, how does a culturally invisible country like Denmark ( previously famous only for Hamlet and some mermaid ) turn out such a humdinger of a show, effortlessly blowing every UK/American equivalent past and present out of the water.
Finally, who cares about holey plot lines with Brix, Bengt and Troels to drool over week after week. New show in the Autumn ? It might as well rain until September !!
I find this so depressing. Just buy the original. If the American public is too pig-ignorant to read subtitles (which I bet they're not really, it's just that the TV companies think they are) then they don't deserve quality shows like Forbrydelsen (pretentious viewers like me always use the original Danish name, even though I have absolutely no idea how to pronounce it).
Oh well. It was inevitable, I suppose.
Sorry, but who is playing Morten, and why does it occasion hahahahahaha I love America?
Instead of being approximately fifty, not remotely sexy, with weird grey hair and wearing unfashionable wire-rimmed specs, he's a hot blond twenty-something whippersnapper. America, in general, does not do well in allowing unattractive people screentime.
If you think the Morten casting is bad wait until you hear who is playing a US Disney Miss Marple
38 year old Jennifer Garner
Excellent use of the return key, nicely representing my jaw
Hitting the floor.
Dear Blogger,
Please help us! We recently invited you to participate in an online survey run by the Berkman Center at Harvard University about your experiences and opinions as an active blogger. To the best of our knowledge, we have not received your response to the survey. You can participate in the survey by following this link:
http://new.qualtrics.com/SE?Q_SS=ewxS4KOAS96O4eM_4Hp4lVv4k0EMdeI
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. You can reach us at info@bloggingcommon.org or view our FAQ at http://bloggingcommon.org/research.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Sincerely,
The Blogging Common Team
Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
appretiate u
Post a Comment