Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Are you my ideal man?

I have just found my list of requirements for the perfect man, dated 30th May 1992 (I was 16):

- cooking
- knitting
- Irish accent
- Tall
- Sense of Humour
- Friendly
- Nice smile
- Nice dark hair (not too short)
- Ability to quote Shakespeare

I am, as yet, unmarried. This may explain why. Of course, if this is you, feel free to leave me a note in the comments.

16 comments:

BaronessBlack said...

This wasn't when you had a crush on Sean Hughes, was it?

Unknown said...

Knitting? Really? I think that's the one holding you back. I don't know any men who are knitters.

Marie said...

@baronessblack Almost certainly.

@bethany Almost certainly.

Rob Buckley said...

My sister went out with Sean Hughes. It's not a good plan is all I'll say.

Robert Hudson said...

Even if Clive can knit, he's taken.

Marie said...

@mediumrob I'll bear that in mind, should Sean Hughes take up knitting.

@roberthudson I'll bear that in mind, should Clive take up knitting.

Apparently, today is the day for making all my comments twice.

Apparently, today is etc.

The Mighty Pierre said...

16 year old girls are so much more discerning than their male peers. I think my 16 year old self would have been 'basically any female who puts out'. (I'll leave the obvious punchlines to you).

Did you have a thing for Val Doonican by any chance ?

mattcollinssongs said...

Got, need, got, really need, got, got, got, half got, got (two lines only).

So taken isn't a deal-breaker?

Evil Pixie said...

Love it! When I was a teenager, I created one of these lists too. If memory serves, mine was about four times as long. Perhaps this explains why I'm still single too. :)

Marie said...

@mattcollinssongs When I was 16, and at the school I went to, taken was definitely not a deal-breaker. Things may have changed since then. What Shakespeare have you got?

theshooglypeg said...

I had a massive crush on Sean Hughes too. I once made my mum knit me a Sean Hughes cardigan: you know, one of those massive floppy unattractive cardis. I can't imagine how I thought that would help my chances in the event that I ever met him: perhaps I thought we'd be knitwear soulmates.

Anna May said...

Marie,

I know someone who dated Sean Hughes. And for her birthday he knitted her a scarf and bought her a copy of 'Romeo and Juliet'.

Anna May x

ps: only the first sentence is true

lilalia said...

My son has the:
- Tall
- Sense of Humour
- Friendly
- Nice smile
- Nice dark hair (not too short)

components of the deal.

He also ballroom dances, is a techno freak, and has a kind heart... will these attributes make up for the lack of knitting, Irish accent, and inability to quote Shakespeare?

peteraj said...

Can, can but don't and won't, pah, sorry, like to think so, if I feel like it, so I'm told, it might be - inside my head, pah.

BKKExpatMama said...

Well, toss the knitting and substitute 'Scots' for 'Irish' accent, and you've got David Tennant. So, hey, you're consistent in your preferences, from teen years through the present. So go out and use whatever contact you can rustle up to nab the 10th Doctor! ;)

mark and howard said...

well mark and i have all of these attributes, but then we have eachother, so i guess the answer is 'no'. you could be our ideal woman though; can you spin plates?