I upset a few people with my last choice of iPod moment, so here is another one: 'Leader of the Pack' by the Shangri-las. This was one of my first ever favourite songs (the first ever ever was 'Prince Charming' by Adam and the Ants, which I thought was about yer actual fairytale hero) and I have no cause to regret my early enthusiasm. When I was at Cambridge [I was about to write 'a few years ago' but it's wasn't, was it - it was ten whole years ago now] I performed a Karaoke version of this at the Trinity Hall Event and the Senior Bursar came up to me at the end of the night and told me it was the highlight of his ball. Insert your own joke about the Senior Bursar's balls here. But watching the Shangri'las perform it, I feel only shame that I did not do them justice in my choice of attire - silver miniskirt rather than full librarian chic, and boringly quotidian hair. Check out the lead singer's beehive that even Amy Winehouse would be proud of.
Employee gets laid off due to extreme body odor: ‘I genuinely felt bad for
him. He had only just started the job and hadn’t really had the chance to
show what he could contribute. You could tell he felt embarrassed and
ashamed’
-
To pass the smell test
I felt really identified with this story because I've had to deal with this
issue multiple times in my life. I don't mean with my bo...
2 hours ago

8 comments:
Ha that's brilliant! If only he'd kept that hand brake on, which he was so obviously having trouble with early on there, then the crash would never have happened ...
I take back my previous comment.
Did you do the talky bits too?
Yes, and the vroom-vroom motorcycle rev noises.
This is one of my two hundred and twenty-five favourite songs. (I like a lot of songs.) Especially the elegaic Wooo-OOO-OOO-ooooo part just before "The Leader-of-the-Pack, now he's go-hon..."
I don't know if "Grace Kelly" makes it into my top 500, but I think it's a beautifully crafted, does-what-it-says-on-the-tin pop song. And we know you love pop because of a previous post. And there's no reason you shouldn't.
"By the way, where-ja-meet-im?"
Can't argue with this one. Fantastic.
Ha, I came across this early on in my music discovering days too - it forming the background to some very fine thespian piece I performed c1978... Good choice Marie!
And I wasn't really down on the Mika thing, I've just heard it too many times. Now if you'd chosen Lollipop, I might have to never visit this blog again. Truly truly annoying. And have you heard Happy Ending? With that Unfeasibly High Pitched Voice I think Mika must be a genuine eunuch...
"Especially the elegaic Wooo-OOO-OOO-ooooo part just before "The Leader-of-the-Pack, now he's go-hon...""
Absolutely!
Post a Comment