Friday, 22 February 2008

Bog Standard Blog

My local healthfood shop has recently been taken over by a larger chain, so I went in yesterday to check out their new range. (No difference from what I can see.) While I was there, I bought some loo paper, recycled of course, a nine roll pack, because that's all they had. I've just put it out and it works fine but it's really ugly, sort of spongy like kitchen roll, and it looks like I've bought the cheapest stuff I could find. Now I'm ashamed to have people round to my house.

I mention this because I have made the decision to blog every day (maybe not weekends) and sadly that means that you're going to have to put up with observations of this variety a lot more often from now on. I can't be clever every day you know.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apologies if I used up too much of your loo roll. I am nothing if not regular.

Charlotte said...

Recycled loo paper is not elegant, but it is very good for the soul. Don't stop - you are burnishing your halo as you use it.

Anonymous said...

Everyday blog? JOY. It's like the good old days again.
As long as the paper isn't scratchy, you're ok.

Persephone said...

Maybe you can post a sign about eye level to someone on the throne. It doesn't have to be about the toilet paper; it could be a subtle remark about ecological footprints. Incidently, did you know the concept of the ecological footprint comes from a Canadian? [William E. Rees, an economics professor at the University of British Columbia] Unfortunately, Canadians leave huge footprints; they're way too dependant on cars.
Surprised you're not going on about the hysterical Chain Reaction interview of David Tennant by Catherine Tate which aired on BBC Four yesterday (and is available to "listen again" at their web site). I didn't want it to end!

lilalia said...

Glad you are going to give that a try again. What sparked your decision?

Anonymous said...

Good for the soul it may be. However that bog roll is a nightmare when young (and slightly older) children overuse it and block the loo. Reams isn't the word!
I really try to keep telling myself how much better it is to buy it than the processed stuff;it's hard to convince yourself though when you're stuck on your knees by the lav cursing as you attempt to unclog the
U-bend. Grrrr!

Karen said...

The only recycled bog roll worth its salt is Sainsbury's Revive. You can hardly tell the difference. Honest.

Billy said...

Everyday blogs are good. Toilet paper on the other hand, I'm yet to find the ideal paper. As long as its not the stuff we used to get at school like tracing paper, I'm happy.

Marie said...

charlotte - I will refrain from making any crude jokes about shining my ring.

terryhenry - it is soft, but lacks beauty.

persephone - I did listen, it was glorious, and rather sweet that David arranged for it to go out the same night I was talking about Michael Cera on my blog, just because he was jealous.

lilalia - mainly because I prefer blogs that are updated every day. We'll see if I can keep it up...