Employee gets laid off due to extreme body odor: ‘I genuinely felt bad for
him. He had only just started the job and hadn’t really had the chance to
show what he could contribute. You could tell he felt embarrassed and
ashamed’
-
To pass the smell test
I felt really identified with this story because I've had to deal with this
issue multiple times in my life. I don't mean with my bo...
2 hours ago

4 comments:
Atonement must have made an impression on me; I bought the book the very next day. One of the reasons I grabbed the book (aside from the fact that it was dirt cheap and a bit of an impulse buy) was my bewilderment over dates in the book. We start in "Summer, 1935" and when the plot leaps forward "Four Years Later", James McAvoy is wandering with two lost soldiers towards Dunkirk. I mean, surely that's five years later? The book, of course, was clearer and more attentive to detail, but that's nearly always the case. Oh, and another thing that really bugged me: James McAvoy and Keira Knightly were discussing their sex scene in a magazine interview. Apparently they weren't sure whether Keira's character was a virgin, so, get this, they call in a historical advisor who said, unlikely -- she's been to university. Wouldn't it have been simpler to read the book, where it indicates specifically that the young woman is "intact"? Geez...clearly I have minor O/C issues... Of course, none of this is evidence for whether or not Joe Wright is a turnip...
Still, Keira Knight acting like Helena Bonham Carter for the first half and Winona Ryder for the second, that astonishing young girl, five glorious minutes of Vanessa Redgrave, plus some powerful flashes of great cinematography...
Actually, I quite liked it!
Okay, when I said I was bewildered over dates in the book, I meant the dates in the movie. Also, when do we get the answers to Marie's I-pod game? I eventually gave in and googled, but not all of the first lines came up.
I liked Atonement. I read the book years ago, and couldn't remember the ending, so it made an impact.
My daughter read the book just before seeing the film and preferred the book.
It was definitely Joe Wright's finest hour - but with his track record that's not saying much!
At last!
My journey through cyberspace is at an end. So this is where yr blogging these days.
erm...derek
Post a Comment