Friday, 28 May 2010

Hay: preview

I have finished (read "finished") my book (why "finished"? Well there will be months worth of corrections once my editor gets hold of it, and that's assuming my publishers actually want this one, ladida I AM NOT THINKING ABOUT THAT) and am off to the Hay festival from where I intend to keep a regular blog presence, hurrah! (Please don't steal the laptop out of the car when I stop for petrol.) Hay is like one giant Start the Week and it's where I go to feel clever and knowledgeable about stuff I am neither clever nor knowledgeable about. Also, as luck would have it, it's a really great place to sit inside a marquee wishing it would stop raining. See you there! (Not literally. Especially if you are reading this from Canada.)

2 comments:

lilalia said...

Wonderful news about the book! Congratulations. Can't wait to hear what your editor says. Also, looking forward to the backstage perspective (or, is it front?) of the festival.

Stephanie Butland said...

Ooh. I haven't been to Hay for years now but I always really liked the 'It's perfectly normal to be reading a book in public' feeling. And the book shop with the outdoor shelves in the grounds of a castle. Also, there's a tea shop there that rocks. I would say 'have fun' but there's simply no way of avoiding it!